Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here

In retrospect, cracking open a bottle of wine last night was not the best idea I ever had. By midnight I was far too sleepy to even pretend to care about theory anymore. Oops. However, I made significant progress this morning/afternoon, and am two thirds done. I have not finished it, sadly, but I have officially got 3, 172 words. I think all the research for my final section and conclusion is there, it just needs to be cobbled together. In about a thousand words. Hopefully, that's do-able.

Anywho, I don't think I'm doing too badly considering I still have two weeks to finish it all. I shall try my absolute hardest to have it all in Mandy's inbox by Tuesday. So I can meet up with her ASAP and finish off the editing, have it printed and bound, and dropped off by...well I don't know. I can't hand it in at the time it's due on Tuesday, since I have work. So I may try and get in on Monday during my lunch break. Shall email a bunch of people and see how we go.

I will of course also be nagging my lovely friends to read it and give me some feedback. Please guys, I need all the help I can get.

I do feel slightly less nervous about my lack of theoretical enthusiasm as it will be marked by creative writing people, who no doubt share my distaste for theory and focus mostly on the creative piece. We can only hope.

Tomorrow it is the darling Em's birthday and we're all heading over to R's place for dinner and boardgames. Shenanigans will no doubt ensue. So looking forward to it, have missed the girls so much thanks to the horrors of this semester.

Do not stand by my grave and weep,
For I am not there, I did not die
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond's glint in the snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
In the soft blush of the morning light
I am the swift bird in flight.
Don't stand by my grave and cry,
I am not there,
I did not die.

- Mary Elizabeth Frye

Oh yeah, saw the following this morning. One of the many joys of Torchwood fandom is things like this are actually totally understandable - The sign got very excited and then was sorely disappointed to find out that Barrowman in drag was actually a woman.

I think we're all a very particular brand of crazy.

Music: Boulevard of broken dreams - Green Day
Mood: Working
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment