Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Where will we all go when it's too late

My blogs are often boring, fandom filled-bouts of what is essentially electronic obsessive note-taking. I refuse to apologize for it anymore. As evidence of this, the following blog is a direct result of deciding to track my progress today much in the same way of Lizzie's infamous Power & Change final essay blog series. I still consider that series to be one of the greatest achievements in academic progress blogging, complete with hallucinations of band boys in hula skirts. As it should be. My appreciation for it possibly stems from the fact that I had to write that same essay and was thus utterly sympathetic to her plight. Power & Change sucked majorly.

Timeline for October 14: -
[aka what today's Twitter updates would no doubt have looked like if I had any]

10:00> Stumble out of bed. Two hours after the alarm first went off. Oh well. Coffee.

10:20 > Drag Oreo back inside only to find a portrait frame has crashed down the stairs. Cleaning up broken glass as quietly as possible since my father only got in at 6 and is sleeping.

10:45 > Talking to Abbi, and perusing Google Reader.

10:50 > Profusely cursing the air-conditioner being on (also means dad's awake.) Seriously, it's not even hot! Ugh.

11:00 > Contemplating breakfast. Still talking to Abs though, and thus it can wait.

11:22 > Hunger getting the better of me. Foooood. Reading 'Literacy and Literacies' and resisting urge to throw it in the bin.

12:45 > Wii Fit! Procrastination that encourages fitness. Win.

14:00 > I can haz tea, it nicely compliments the sudden downpour. For the second month, I have actually reached my Wii Fit goal a week early. Huzzah! I messed up setting next months one though and can't figure out how to reset it. Will worry about it later.

14:15 > Back in room and realising I haven't exactly done anything productive today. Sigh.

14:30 >
Photobucket

14:42 > I want to message Roze but I'm terrified I'll wake her up. All the Honours students have forsaken anything that even remotely resembles a normal routine and are working and sleeping at all hours. Hmm. Facebook instead.

14:45 > My internet is really slow. Perhaps it's subtly trying to tell me to stop messing around and get to work?

14:48> I am a total bitch. Gah.

15:00 > Making late lunch before dad leaves for work (honey soy chicken fillets with chips and salad.) Om nom nom.

15:44 > I can haz tea! Oh wait, deja vu. Let the re-writing business commence. Also waiting for episode 3 of The Big Bang Theory season 3 to load.

15:57 > I hate it when people delete things but never update links to said things on main pages, so when an unsuspecting passerby (aka me) clicks it, they end up with that delightful "page could not be found" screen. Fun.

16:15 > This is the dawning of the rest of our liiiiives, this is our lives on holidaaaaaaay

16:20 > Aircon is on again. Dammit. Need blanket stat.

16:25 > Shot through the heart, and you're to blame, darling you give love, a bad name.

16:58 > Dad has left for work. Big Bang Theory download malfunctioning. No choice but to actually focus on editing.

17:04 > Haha some of Mandy's notes are just brilliant.

17:20 > Oh dear god, I'm only up to page 18 of the edit and I'm already over the word-limit.

17:41 > Ma mere has arrived home.

18:01 > Coffeeeeeeeee. Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffee.

18:15 > Oh no, Bart has stolen the elderly! You sunk my battle ship!

18:35 > Edit dooooone. So in trouble with this word-limit though. As always ugh. Perhaps delete some tweets. *ponders* If anyone wants a read, let me know.

18:40 > My Irish pocket watch is le broken. I wonder if I can have it fixed.

18:45 > Going on junk food run, mashies for all.

19:32 > I wish Master Chef didn't use this Katy Perry song as a theme tune. It always gets stuck in my head and I'm still debating its merits as an appropriate tune in the first place.

19:58 > Rob Gordon: "I agreed that what really matters is what you like, not what you are like... Books, records, films - these things matter. Call me shallow but it's the fucking truth."

20:18 > Procrastinating again. Stop it, stop it, stop it! Gah.

20:23 > Is it just me or is it really cold tonight? My toes have transformed into ice-cubes.

20:25 > Forgot NCIS: LA was on, so had to stumble downstairs and to IQ it. I've scraped my ankle twice going down the stairs today because I clearly have no co-ordination.

20:37 > American Idiot is back on full blast and hopefully not annoying my neighbours. This takes me back. I remember when "studying" for the HSC, I used to listen to this and the Offspring's greatest hits while playing copious amounts of Free Cell and Solitaire. As you can see in four years little has changed in my procrastinating ways. But I've always found I'm more productive when listening to Green Day.

20:51 > Right I think I'm going to call this blog now. I'm hitting my major working time, so I shall go conjure up some hot chocolate magic and settle in with another chapter of "Literacy and Literacies."

Showers: 2
Coffees: 4
Tea: 2
Iced Red Tea: 1.5L
Words written: 257
Pages read: 123

In a completely roundabout way, I suppose I did actually get stuff done. It is a bit sad that this is a standard day in my mediocre academic life though. Eh.

I really am bloody freezing.

Music: Letterbomb - Green Day
Mood: Working
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment