Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Follow the spiders? Why couldn't it be follow the butterflies?

Oh dear god. I went to check the mail just now and as I come in through the front door, I feel something hairy under my foot before I really take a step so I look down and there is a FUCKING HUNTSMAN JUST SITTING THERE. I quickly hop down the hall muttering various curses in between every "ew ew ew ew ew". Is this how you repay me nature? I sing your praises all morning, chillaxing in the garden with my Iced Tea and SPF 30 sunblock, enjoying your gorgeous 34 degree summer weather, and you send a spider into my home. That's not on. I forgot how many damnable creepy crawlies there are around in summer. Major SHUDDER. Anyway, I had to get rid of the thing or else I wouldn't be able to ever go anywhere in the house again. Luckily it was sitting right between the front door and the screen door so I could just shoo it out by flapping the door about. I'm sure that if there were any neighbours around they would assume I'm a bit mad. "There there love, the door can't hurt you now." Maybe the door can't but stepping on a giant, hairy arachnid sure can. Note to self: WEAR SHOES. Ugh.

For the internationals who have the blessed luxury of not being faced with these terrors on a regular basis, this here is a specimen of the lovely fellow.

Photobucket
"Hello, I will eat your flesh while you sleep."

Out of all our spiders, and oh isn't there a nice selection, they aren't actually that bad. They can't kill you or anything, but they are ginormous and that makes them terrifying. I can't help but come to the conclusion that Ron Weasley would never have any peace here.

I now need to stop looking at pictures of spiders, definitely feeling ill.

Yuck.

Well now that has definitely ruined my hippy-I-love-Sydney-in-summer mood, I have no choice but to do some uni work. Hmmm, maybe spiders aren't so bad in comparison.

I only have about one more meeting with Mandy left. We discussed some of the concerns I had with my piece yesterday so I can tighten it up and send it back over again. Fifth draft, sheesh. She's been really excellent through all of this actually. She's completely supportive and soothes my neurotic insecurity about my writing. I've been really lucky to have a prolific writer with real standing within the community as my supervisor.

I went shopping afterwards, finally got those denim shorts and skinny black jeans. Not the Levis though since the style they had wasn't what I was after, but I did get a pair of Lee Riders that are just gorgeous. I know black jeans are really not in this season but I don't care, you should always have a pair of black jeans on hand. Plus, they look amazing with the black and white slingback gladiator-esque heels I bought the other day. Myer is a stock-less wasteland, not quite sure what's happening there. I was quite frustrated by the lack of pretty much anything decent in the shops, but that is not really an uncommon occurrence. I found a nice white t-shirt (to go with the jeans, see?) at Dangerfield that has a print of the James Dean pic that inspired 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' as well as a quote from 'Catcher in the Rye.' I suspect it may be a guy shirt but as per usual I care very little.

The aim for the next two days is to make headway on my exegesis argument. Tomorrow, I'm breaking midday to see Final Destination. I'm not quite sure how I got talked into that.

Music: Every breath you take - The Police
Mood: Grossed out
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. final destination aye? this brings back fond memories of nina not being capable of watching the film without clawing everyone else's arms out. "its a sign" good luck with that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the pigeons! Ah that was the last time I watched a FD movie, or anything of that genre in fact lol.

    ReplyDelete