Thursday, October 8, 2009

The transmissions will resume

Interchanging mind control
Come let the revolution take its toll if you could
Flick the switch and open your third eye, you'd see that
We should never be afraid to die


My third draft has been decreed near fault free, which means another one fixing up the minor superficial changes and maybe a bit more character development in one aspect and it's DONE. I have to say I have a very healthy respect for the editing process after this. It's intense and unbelievably useful. It's made me much more aware of my writing. In general though, I can't believe what a difference it makes.

I've been at home most of the day, slogging my way through PDFs. I'm eight down, 16 to go. Blarglefargle. I think I've gone cross-eyed from all the staring at the screen. I did however put in an appearance at the research office to borrow a thesis from one of the previous years for use in the "how the hell do you structure this thing" stage. They were really lovely though I think I freaked them out with my green gloves. I'm sorry, but it's freezing out there. The wind is absolutely insane, it takes me ten minutes to walk anywhere since it seems every step forward equates being blown back two steps. Not much fun.

Meanwhile, mum is sick with the same dread disease I had two weeks ago. She went to the doctor however and got antibiotics, a luxury I never had. It was the apocalypse, I wasn't going out in that! Of course dad almost immediately developed sympathy symptoms and is convinced he is now sick too. Chances are he will probably get sick but still, way to be over-eager.

Of course this all means I am without my usual lift into the city, so I will need to get up early tomorrow in order to catch a train and bus to the library. Blah. Suppose needs must. I will stay there until the books have been read! To infinity and beyond! Or, you know, whatever.

I really want to play Trivial Pursuit. I haven't played in aaaages. Must have been 12 or something. I think I'll get it for the Wii and have everyone over for a Trivia night.

Parting thought - I love Calvin.

Photobucket


Music: Uprising - Muse
Mood: Working
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment