Sunday, October 11, 2009

Silent and resigned

It's big band and show tune central here at the moment. Reminds me of my childhood, when I used to sit in the living room with my grandfather and he'd listen to his Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby records. Still one of my favourite things to do in summer, when an afternoon is really warm and lovely, is to open my windows and pop on my Frank Sinatra cd and just fall asleep to it. Afternoon nap to Summer wind. It's so relaxing.

However, relaxation is not high on my list of priorities right now. Starting a daily checklist of productivity, asses need to be firmly kicked into gear. We're all a bit crazy at the moment, everyone has stuff due. I haven't done anything this weekend really since I spent most of today sleeping. Not quite sure how that happened. When I did eventually emerge bleary eyed into the light of day, I had to go grocery shopping since mum's still down for the count. You know you've really reached "adulthood" when you're doing the weekly grocery shopping for the household. Anyhow, not a complete waste since I acquired two pairs of heels while I was out. What? I was out, wasn't I?

Now I'm suffering from the stomach ache of doom and listening to aforementioned show tunes. [and no the stomach ache is not caused by the choice in music.] I'm also reading an essay entitled "From simulations to hybrid space: how nomadic technologies change the real" and I'm sure I've read this before. Everything I have left to read was saved in May and June, which means I must have read it for my Cultural Studies assignment. Damn you feeble brain, can't you ever retain useful information?

Hmph. Thanks for nothing brain.

Music: Think of me - Sarah Brightman
Mood: Confused
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment