Sunday, October 4, 2009

The carriage held but just ourselves and Immortality

You were everything to me. I needed you to breathe. You kept my heart beating, the tides moving, the earth turning, the constellations whirling. You kept it all together. It felt like you did all these things, these wonderful, remarkable things, just for me. To see me smile, to hear me laugh, to see that look I'd give you before being wrapped up in your arms. Now this January night is quiet and smooth, the moon a mirror that reflects these memories. I am surrounded and enveloped, quietly losing control. Hurtling towards the horizon of reason, until there's nothing to do other than peer over the edge, darkly dreaming.

You are trapped under the surface and the shadows gather at the loss. I hear them calling. A steady pulse that drowns out the flow of words, until there is nothing left. Siren song of self-destruction, chase it down, watch me go. We’re isochronous, moments in time happening at regular intervals on a loop. I am infinite. I will find you.

I have more than one reflection, each earns a shadow of their own. One is drowning, one is falling, one is digging into cold, hard earth. Another is drinking, yet another thinking, watching their twin sister as she keeps sinking further and further into the mud. Glancing out a window on a rainy night, there's one to be found dancing in puddles and another flitting from light to light. One taps on windows as the autumn winds blow, another lurks just over shoulders to be glimpes out of the corner of eyes and attributed as tricks of light.

I feel their presence and all their endeavours, connected and intertwined, until I find my way to the silence that rests here at your side. I place my hand in yours and pull the blanket of memories to rest about our shoulders. Forever together, here in the darkness, safe and immortal as a river flow. No one should face the shadows all on their own. After all, my dear, you promised you'd never leave me all alone. You always kept your promises, I'll keep this one for you now.

Since then – 'tis Centuries – and yet
Feels shorter than the Day
I first surmised the Horses' Heads
Were toward Eternity –


Music: The seemingly endless rain
Mood: I don't even know what I'm doing
Photobucket

2 comments: