Monday, October 12, 2009

Stop trying to figure it out

I must admit I'm starting to get rather excited about NaNoWriMo. I didn't expect it, but damn, it's going to be some much fun to write something purely for the sake of it. No pressure, no marks, just pure creativity. Fantastic. I'm thinking about it and that's terrible, I should be thinking about my thesis *scrunches nose* I've made a calendar and I have a very, very vague plot. I'm probably going to start it at least 8 days later than every one else, but I'm sure I can do it. As long as I lock up the perfectionist for the month and just write. No editing! I have something lined up for almost immediately after NaNo as well, plus I'm going to be writing scripts again come December. I have only one word...glee. Epic glee, in fact. I feel inspired. Not only that, but I fully intend to do all this and maintain a social life, so I'm ambitious too.

Currently we're at T minus 26 days. So tomorrow I will:
> Re-draft creative piece. Numero quatro and hopefully finito.
> Read 'Act of reading'
> Read 'Literacy and literacies'
> Print library notes

I can start writing on Wednesday, and possibly venture to the library again on Thursday, depending on how it goes.

I shall prevail, dammit!

OH, I need a name for my creative piece. I suck at naming things. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Meanwhile, ixnay on the olidayhay. We've decided to go to a day spa instead. I booked it today, so there is pampering on the horizon. I was back at work today too, which wasn't much fun. We've gotten in our shipment of Swine Flu vaccines and it is a nightmare to organise. Epic. Sigh.

As usual, I have nothing valuable to contribute to greater humanity. The following is however running circles through my mind...

We are the music-makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems

Music: New deep - John Mayer
Mood: Creative
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment