Thursday, June 25, 2009

Come here right now and look at the goddamn moon!

Whoa. This is probably the longest I’ve gone without blogging (when not on holiday/overseas) for a long while. It's kind of sad to acknowledge that, but I do love my blog *huggles* Anyway, clearly I am not dead. I just suddenly had a pseudo social life. I know, it shocks me too. Very enjoyable however.

The weekend was spent with Lizzie. Dinner, Star Trek at the IMAX (which is completely disorientating, the fight scenes work way better at the normal cinema, it’s just too blurry for the IMAX), followed by lounging around in pjs all day. Oh, I had the greatest hot fudge sundae at the Lindt Café that night too. Ice cream with hot chocolate sauce and a brownie at the bottom. I’m drooling at the thought. It was lovely.

Monday I did…nothing. Worked, I suppose. After work Tuesday, I picked Em up and we prepared for a prolonged stay over at Roze’s place. We had a bit of an epic movie marathon fail since none of the attendees thought to bring movies of the theme (the 70s, I think), so we watched episodes of Full House, Get Smart and Torchwood instead. It was so much fun. One of Roze’s uni friends was totally into it too so we had a great time lounging around making snarky comments and indulging in gratuitous Jack/Ianto fangirling. As it should be. Besides, I always love watching other people’s reactions if they're seeing it for the first time. Just…win. Em’s boyfriend came to our supposed rescue with a bunch of his dvds, I think one of which adhered to the actual theme (He had a bunch of war movies such as The Bridge over the River Kwai but I immediately dismissed that one - I have seen it movie more times than is ever, ever necessary.) God love that boy, I cannot believe he puts up with the lot of us.

There was an epic battle of wills trying to decided what to watch, not helped that the first one we eventually agreed on didn’t actually work. In the end, we watched Smokin’ Aces. Which was…confusing. You really have to pay attention and we really weren’t in that mindset – what with all the snarky comments and insane giggling. For me the best part was us all talking, it going silent in the middle, and then suddenly talking again near the end. This is only because three of us fell asleep. It looks like a really good movie though, if you’re into that mob/gangster movie type thing, we just weren’t paying attention. I know we watched something else after that but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was. The entire night was just so utterly hilarious, really. A comedy of errors that extended even to ordering dinner. It defies description.

I sadly had to head home but I returned again early Wednesday morning. As the saying goes, more hilarity ensued. We did better with the movie watching, which was 90s themed – Aladdin, Pulp Fiction, My father the hero, Reality Bites, Now and Then. People came and went, but it really was just such a great few days. Completely relaxing. I unwillingly dragged myself home this morning to paint the hallway – I’m waiting for the first coat to dry so don’t think I’m procrastinating here. It feels as if I haven’t seen my house for ages, which is ridiculous of course. Oreo doesn’t think so though. Well, at least someone’s glad to see me ;)

I see so much has happened in the intervening time. For one thing we finally have a specific UK airdate. Oh, the miracle! I think I might just have a moment of clarity a la Jules in Pulp Fiction. So, since I started my countdown of annoyance, it’s been 34 days *shakes head* At least I can take it down now. Leaving only the countdown of impending doom/Thesis due date to monitor. But let’s not talk about that. Instead, let’s go back to the original point of the miraculous airdate, which means that if there is any justice in the world, we should be getting it here from the 7th till the 11th of June on UKTV. Everyone’s invited to my for a week-long screening party! Wooh! [If they find my body after my dad’s killed me, please make sure that the world knows it was for a good cause].

Despite everything, I can’t believe June is almost over. This blows. I really should start working on that creative piece. Times actually running out. Damn it! I demand a time travelling device of some sort, immediately!

Now I need to go find some chocolate and settle down with some Small Favour. It’s picking up, of which I’m glad. I was mentally preparing a blog regarding my disappointment with the development of the series, but it seems I’ll have to reserve judgement until I finish this. Only a hundred pages. Once that’s done, second coat of paint. Possibly followed by Buffy, making dinner, and sleeping for all eternity. Notice how none of my plans ever include doing research or uni work of any description. I think someone may need to slap me…

P.S. They're making an A-Team MOVIE?? Hahahaha FTW! Article here. Hmm. He’s not nearly pretty enough to play Face, I’m sorry. What is it with people casting supposed pretty roles? Are they all insane? Don’t make me bring out my favourite Cedric/Edward example… Actually, I don't know if this'll work. I mean the A-Team is a classic, absolutely terrible show that doesn't take itself seriously and is just immense amounts of fun because of it. Liam Neeson, ok I can maybe see him as Hannibal, but no one else can be BA, and sheesh, the poor fool who has to play Mad Murdock... They're these classic characters, it's always hard to try and break that with new people. Ah well. It'll be hilarious to watch the progress either way.

P.P.S. OMG I love this man. He always has the most amazing characters.
Photobucket
Nghfhg. Fantastic. More pics of Tim Burton's upcoming Alice and Wonderland here.

Music: The end and the beginning - Forgive Durden
Mood: Hyper
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment