Tuesday, June 9, 2009

These are the words you wish you wrote down

I don't exactly know what the hell is happening in British Politics, but man, is it intense. All the ranting and raving [all quite justified by the looks of things] I've witnessed over various modes of social networking the past few days [I think my Twitter almost caught on fire from all the outrage] almost makes me feel guilty for my decidedly fuck you attitude to politics. This is mostly due to my long suffering, well documented, outrage at being legally obligated to vote. Now I've noticed a lot of outcry over people not voting in this very election, and how that has no doubt contributed to the phenomenal clusterfuck that seems to be the situation over there. While this does make me feel a little contrite for always whinging about it, I still think it's a choice that should be left to me. Of course I would still vote, my point is just that I shouldn't be forced to do something, one way or other. But I deviate from the original point. Politics always seems like such a no-win situation to me. I'm completely jaded. They're all as bad as each other, and yet, I don't see any way to get around it. I keep saying I want to start a party called "They all suck" and have it at the bottom of the ballot form. I wouldn't have any press and so people would just tick it, thinking it was a general commentary on the choices. I'm sure I could win.

The best thing about winter is citrus fruit. Well, perhaps the only good thing about winter...it's not like we get snow or anything, so what's the damn point? European winters FTW. And soup! Omg, what I would give for some proper vegetable soup! Damn you Europe, you give me irrational expectations of this loathsome season. I'm freezing my butt off today, the wind is subarctic. The sky is a beautiful blue though, absolutely stunning. Reminds me of Ireland.

I haven't spoken to anyone since...Thursday, I think. Apparantly, honours = hermitism. I will soon meet with fellow hermits in order to discuss caves and such. As you do.

Currently making plans to indulge my inner theatre geek. We're seeing Avenue Q in August, and possibly Wicked in September. Everyone keeps going on about it, so we feel we should probably check it out. Cheesy as it looks. I still don't understand how someone looked at that book and thought "Hey you know what, this should be a musical!" The thought process there is way beyond me. The Bell Shakespeare company also keep sending me pamphlets, which reminds me, I wonder if I need to let the Opera House know I changed my address...ah well, guess they'll see next time I buy tickets.

I'm struggling through my uni work as one might struggle through quicksand. I'm experiencing the same sinking feeling as one would in that situation too. I hope someone remembers to pull me out at the end...or at least give me a straw so I can breathe...I already feel a little hard done by in the oxygen department.

I'm having one of those phases where I hate absolutely everything I write and find my work to be both pointless and lacking in skill. I also have a mild case of writer's block, but I suspect it's a side effect of the self-loathing. Ah, what bliss it is to be an unstable creative type.

In other news, after loudly yelling at the tv to "give us a date, you bastards!", my mother subjected me to a 'disappointed' lecture about my language use. Blah. Look I only really swear when I'm really pissed off about something, and I think we all know I've been pushed to the edge with airdates, so I feel it's entirely justified. I hate those 'disappointed' talks though.

Well. Best get back to feeling disgusted with my creative piece then...

Music: I believe you but my tommy gun don't - Brand New
Mood: Woeful
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment