Thursday, June 18, 2009

The earth is doomed

I find it really annoying when people talk about others on twitter as he/she when they’re replying to that very same person’s tweet. Look, I realise it’s someone famous and you’re probably never going to get a reply, but to, for example, comment on a photo Mikey Way posted of himself and then say “he looks so…” whatever, is just weird. Technically you’re engaging in conversation with him, would you refer to him as ‘he’ normally too then? Strange pet peeve I know, but I’m a strange person.

Another pet peeve is trying to decipher the messages my Afrikaans friends send me on Facebook since they have apparently stopped using vowels – Ek wt jy nthou dit haha jy mt my se waneer jy weer ini land is, ns mt by meka km n kuier. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? It does not take that much effort to include an extra letter here or there. Seriously people, come on. I mean I’m not overly fond of text talk for English, but this is even more annoying. Here I was thinking they were all being so proud of their language lately and yet they bastardise it like this. Perplexing.

Now regarding that trailer I posted earlier while trying not to die [I am not built for this anticipation business, I can barely stand it, and I think it might in fact be my mortal foe. Just think of how often we have fought as I struggled to skip to the last pages of books. Epic battles. I think it’s taking years off my life expectancy.] That is just so Gwen. So demanding. “But why wasn’t the Doctor here to stop all of the evil that’s happened in the world? He should you know, if he has the power, shaaaaame on him. Doesn’t he have a heart? Oh, why must I be the only one with a heart??” Gwen darling, he is just one guy you know. A time lord sure, but still just one. That said, I kinda agree with your reasoning there. I’ve often wondered why he doesn’t just give up on this stupid planet.

In an attempt to derail my one track mind, my friends have been encouraging the watching of other shows. As I’m not really getting into Arrested Development as much as I’d hoped, I have started the first season of Buffy. I should finish it by tomorrow. I know I’m slow on the uptake here, but I somehow managed to completely miss it when it was first on. I think it is safe to say that I am fully converted to the Whedon cult though, because I love it. It’s just so funny, and it has great, believable characters. I really like Giles. He seemed a bit emo in eps from the other seasons I’ve randomly watched, but so far in the first he’s just adorable...
- "I'll just jump in my time machine, go back to the 12th century, and ask the vampires to postpone their ancient prophecy for a few days while you take in dinner and a show."
- “You were right, all along, about everything.... Well, no, you weren't right about your mother coming back as a Pekinese."
- “He's turned into a 16-year-old boy. Of course you'll have to kill him."
Xander has some great lines too...
- “I laugh in the face of danger...then I hide until it goes away.”
- “To read makes our speaking English good.”
So yes, very much enjoying it all. Not obsessively, but god knows I only have room to be completely obsessed with one thing at a time. It takes so much energy. Give me my Children of Earth now goddamnit!

It is fast becoming one of my life's ambitions to attend the San Diego Comic Con. I've heard such wonderful, amazing stories about it in the past and there are always randoms such as the MCR boys running around and being, well, fanboys. This year apparently David Tennant will be there. Nghfgh. Trip to San Diego y/y? Why can't I be a jet setting billionaire, or the daughter of one? I'd be the worst socialite ever, can you imagine - I'd be going from nerd fest to nerd fest, music festival to music festival. The geek socialite! Hee.

In other joyous news, the Book Depository is shipping out my pre-orders! They were only due in next week, so I’m very pleased. Also, I ordered a new extension for my external hard drive yesterday and that should be delivered tomorrow. I can finally get my iTunes back. I love buying things online, it’s just so much more fun getting things all boxed and delivered to your front door.

Now what else…oh got my AAR tickets today. Just organising Wicked now, we’re quite a group heading to that, it takes a while to get things co-ordinated.

I think I need to go away for a weekend or something and do some work. This whole ‘writer’s retreat’ business, as my university keeps referring to it. It would be nice to get away with the sole purpose of being creative, but it’s such a bitch trying to find time for that sort of thing. I just don’t get any work done at home cause it’s home you know, and there’s so much else to distract me. Ah well, see how we go I suppose.

I have to work Saturday *groans* I’m so over all this working.

Music: Peacemaker - Green Day
Mood: Cold
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment