Friday, June 19, 2009

Cool enough to not quite see it

If no one watches ABC2 from 8.30 tonight, it would be due to no fault of my own. I have plugged Torchwood and Being Human to everyone today. I'm not quite sure why I've been such a cheerleader, but the mood took me. Look at me, doing my part for the fandom like a good little fangirl. Besides, I stumbled across this - "where excitement comes before morality" - which has to be one of the most apt descriptions of Torchwood I've seen in a while. It also poses such great innuendo possibilities, but I think the ability to appreciate that comes after you've been far too obsessed with this show for a while. It's a terrible, terrible influence. Fun though.

I suppose the tentative airdate we were given last night just put me in a fandom friendly mood.

I completely forgot I had a hair appointment today. Luckily, I was down in Revesby after work doing random tasks and paying bills for dad and such, so I wandered past the salon at the time I was due in. Spent a few hours having unexpected me time. Quite nice really. While there, I found out Robert Pattinson Cedric had been hit by a cab. Hmm, I hope it didn't damage his devilishly handsome good looks...oh wait, never a risk of that.

Ah sigh. I need to stop picking on the guy. He can't help it after all.

Random comment - I find the Clandestine Cereal range very strange. Not only that but they have a Space Monkey! Bah, that's ours! Damn you, Pete Wentz.

Hmph.

In general, I'm exhausted. My dad's really been trying my patience, asking twenty questions at every opportunity, offering running commentary on everything he does, and making intefering remarks as I was making Chicken Parmigiana for dinner. I don't hover around making snide comments when he cooks, why can't he just leave me be? After all, I'm not completely useless and I'm most certainly capable of reading a damned recipe. I did take two years of Hospitality you know AND I've cooked twice already this week - no one's died. It really pisses me off. Work has been quite hectic too, as it usually is this time of year, and I've just felt run of my feet most of the time. Overall, I just seem to get nothing done. Sigh. I think I'm going to curl up in the lounge (yes, while watching ABC2, practice what you preach) and see if I can finish Small Favor tonight. I'm only three chapters in but it usually doesn't take too long. With hot chocolate. Never forget the hot chocolate.

Here are some photos I took in the backyard this afternoon:

Photobucket
I ventured outside to find this little freak eyeing me up. I've named him Louis.

Photobucket
Louis is highly unimpressed by my existence.

Photobucket
In profile, with that thing hanging from his beak. It was really getting on my nerves but he didn't even notice. Birds! No sense of style!

Photobucket
Post-feed. I missed the actual attacking and capturing of unaware prey because I was chasing little miss sook around when it happened.

Photobucket
Here she is, being cuddled by my dad. She's been really emo today. I feel like I should be putting some MCR on for her or something.

Photobucket
The cockatoos soon showed up, making the ungodly racket they so love.

Photobucket
This one was squaking for some attention. Suffice it to say there are a lot of them.

Photobucket
Om nom nom.

Photobucket
I like this one, it looks like it's surveying its kingdom. Which is fine by me, as long as it's not looking at me like I'm something tasty. They sometimes do, and though I know it's completely irrational, it kinda freaks me out. What can I say, birds are creepy.

Photobucket
Finally, some sky. One thing I like about winter is the sky, it always looks so crisp and clear. None of that weird orange-ish glow you get in summer, only thousands of different shades of blue.

Music: Mayonaise - The Academy Is [cover]
Mood: Blah
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Their spacemonkey doesn't look very evil, I think we're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm fair point. It's a very chirpy monkey. Obscenely so in fact...I suspect drugs may be involved.

    ReplyDelete