Thursday, June 11, 2009

I got my head checked by a jumbo jet

I have now officially been awake for 25 hours and 51 minutes. That is right, for the first time in my life I have pulled an all-nighter. Not bad for 16 odd years' worth of education. Turns out you can't leave your honours major assignment until the night before and hope to knock it off in three hours. Turns out that, unlike in undergrad, there's actual work to do. Who knew? Ah you live, you learn.

I didn't even feel tired, maybe a little lag around 2ish but after that it was fine. Perfect this morning. I'm a little bit jittery but I'm putting that down to the 2 litres of Lipton Iced Red Tea I consumed during the evening - its a lot like watered down red bull, but without the health risks. Speaking of red bull, I think I better pick some up before class. Hm. I'm not quite sure what I wrote for this assignment, I'm sure I engaged with some theory at least, so that should be at least, AT LEAST damn it, a pass. I'm also a bit fuzzy as to how I got to work this morning, but I was listening to 'In The Shadows' so I was distracted (that's what you want to hear while driving, isn't it?) Also, I'm thinking its not normal to be visualising reading the book while listening to an audiobook...cause that's all my stupid brain's doing - "Oooh words, this is what they look like!" Hmmm thanks brain.

I'm rambly. I've been like this all night. Thank you to darling Abbi who was there for the entire process, save the last hour...oh and an hour during which there was commuting/dinner and I acted a little stalkerish in wondering where she was since I know it doesn't take her that long to
come home *shifty eyes* She also deserves hugs for putting up with my randomly throwing quotes at her, or sending paragraphs with "does this make sense??" preceding it. AND as if it isn't enough, she also came up with a brilliant flash fiction idea which she has emailed to me so I
have something to read at work this morning/to keep me awake. You rawk dude. I hope my descent into madness was at least somewhat amusing.

So anyway, yeah. I'm trying not to sit down for too long. I have the feeling this is going to be a lot like jet lag. To that I say bring it on bitch! I survived London jetlag, I can survive anything.

Easy peasy pumpkin peasy pumpkin pie -

Come on, complete that sentence! I'll give you a cookie. It's laced with happy, stay awake drugs! Hee!

Ok, so I'm possibly a little manic.

I have my bloody discman with me to listen to this audio book to uni and such (my external drive is still unaccessible). My discman! Bah. How retro-annoying. The things I do for my fandom *shakes head*

I need to stop for a) red bull, b) stamps & envelopes for assignments, c) money for train, d) new TW magazine. Then, this weekend, there is drinking (to drown our collective uni sorrows) and possibly a marathon of sorts on the cards. No thinking required. Huzzah.

Hang on, isn't supanova this weekend? Must. Check. Pay attention, self!

P.S. I really hope these assignments are ok *woe face*
--
From Jasper, with love.
[[Power and speed and death rolled into one]]

3 comments:

  1. Hee I was a bit like that tonight at work. Good ol Red Bull.

    What audio book you listening to? I just can't get into them, I get bored listening to someone read and it's not the same as bringing it to life myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @abbi MOTHERFUCKER! Hee! Here's your cookie *hands over* May the drug-filled goodness be with you.

    @Liz It's a very strange experience, I'm not sure I like it. It's a Torchwood one, 'In the Shadows'. I shall blog about it in a sec ;)

    ReplyDelete