Sunday, June 7, 2009

Random stuff is random

Perusing the TV guide this morning, I noticed the ABC were listing something called "Triple j tv with The Doctor." I'm sure you can imagine what I immediately thought of.
Photobucket
If you're going to be writing things like that, I have a very specific expectation. It has now been denied. There should be a disclaimer.

This also cracked my up to no end - His name is Lancelot, he goes to France a lot, he likes to dance a lot and dream... Ah Monty Python, you never cease to amuse. As always, credit goes to people who have too much time on their hands, procrastination would be impossible without you. The last clip really made it for me, taking Owen out of context FTW.

But I digress.

Had major falling out with my father last night. He'd gone to the Wallabies/Barbarians game at the SFS so went to pick him up afterwards. The 'We Love Sounds' festival was on at the same time (don't even get me started on this, people were falling out of there wearing virtually nothing, I'm amazed they didn't die of frostbite), and so it was absolute madness at the Entertainment Quarter. Do you think he's grateful that he's being picked up in the cold? Of course not. Instead he's a horrible pain in the ass backseat driver. I was *this* close to chucking him out of the car.

What a woeful game it was too. They're just going to have an inflated sense of worth now. I am really torn when it comes to the Wallabies these days, only because I think Robbie Deans is such a great coach (and I still think of him as my team's coach *woe*) and I want him to do well...but not with them! There are only two players (Luke Burgess and Lachlan Turner) in this Aussie squad that I actualy respect and don't want to run over at the first opportunity. I think Robbie might actually manage to give the team a better attitude, but still. I don't want them to win!

While on the topic of last night's game:
Dear Sonny Bill, please don't go back to League. Don't listen to people who say you're wasting your talents, you just need a little more practice on this level that's all. I like having you in Union. League has nothing to offer you anyway, it's a game with very little presence beyond these shores, and it automatically conjures negative images of neanderthals blundering around getting pissed and asking stupid questions (I know it's a generalisation, but it's not my fault that this is what the game has done to itself now is it? Take it up with...oh I don't know, whichever player is in trouble for something along those lines this week.) Ok yes, you've made mistakes in the past and you're not the brightest crayon in the box, but you're young! Stay in union. Stay. Please.
I think he had a good game last night tbh, even if he was shut down every time he so much as looked at a ball. I've seen worse first games, and we all know he has potential. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I also just have to take this time to say - oh my god Daniel I miss you. Seriously dude, come on. I was watching Luke McAllister play last night and it made me think of him and just, just *sigh* It just hasn't been the same without him. I probably won't see him play at all this year. It just isn't right. Yes, I'm pouting. Luckily he'll be back where he belongs next year, and let this be a lesson to all of them. Fun as it was to see posters of him plastered around Paris, playing overseas is clearly a lot like tempting fate.

I know this is a rugby heavy post, but it's International season! It always promises lots of entertainment.

Oh and sticking to the sport, guess I'll be up watching the French Open until some godforsaken time in the morning. Someone new in a final for a change! Promising.

This is classic:
Photobucket

Enough time wasting. Better get back to uni work. Bah.

Music: Jenny don't be hasty - Paolo Nutini
Mood: Pessimistic
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment