Friday, June 12, 2009

Here follows some inconsequential rambling

I'm watching the cricket cause Stuart Broad is batting at the moment. Does this make me a bad person? I mean really though, the boy is so, so, so adorable. Hmmm.

So, yesterday went quite well all things considered. Had a perfectly normal day, function wise. I was early to class so I sprawled out across the tables and listened to my audiobook. In the end only three other people showed up. Final class fail, yes? So understandably we didn’t stick around long. I handed in my creative piece as well, so that’s all my assignments done. My tutor said that all the Honours staff members get together to go over everyone’s assignments so they can get a median level for marking the work. This freaked me out slightly. I don’t particularly want everyone to read my no doubt dodgy assignment on, predominantly, Twitter written from the point of view of my phone. I mean, hell, it’s every so slightly dodgy. Ah well. What’s done is done as they say. I just hope I pass everything…

After class I stopped by Starbucks that indulges in one of the few good things about winter – mint hot chocolate. I waited for Roze in Myer, lamenting the fact that we suck so epically and how unstylish we are when compared to Europe. Sigh. The two of us went on an impromptu shopping trip, although neither of us bought anything. There was a close moment in General Pants when I saw a jacket, immediately fell in love (as I am known to do) and Roze remarked “That great. It’s like David Tennant’s jacket for girls.” I promptly grinned like a loon and complimented her on her lovely Tennant reference. Haha. Unfortunately the jacket proved very popular, and they only have 8s left. I could never fit in an 8; for one thing I’d have to chop off half my arm. Sigh. It was quite expensive so it’s probably for the best, but god, it was gorgeous. We shopped some more, chatted, Roze put up with my rambling and was lovely, had food. So overall, a lovely quick little catch up. Tomorrow night we’re all going out for proper dinner and catch-up since we’re all done with uni for now…well technically two of us should be researching, but that can wait until next week…

Overall though, managed to go 35 hours without sleep, without even so much as touching a red bull too. Not much caffeine at all in fact, 1 cup of coffee in the morning. The wheels only really fell off in the car driving home with mum - sitting in the traffic with nothing really to distract me did me in, in the end.

In all of this, I still managed to finish my audiobook, ‘In the Shadows’ by Joe Lidster. It was my first ever audiobook. I’m not sure if I’m keen on the whole thing. I find it very weird not to be reading it myself, and I had this overwhelming sense of wanting to read faster, if that makes sense [it probably doesn’t]. Also, my brain failed at visualising and instead of being immersed in an imaginary world, I was visualising reading a book. This is how ridiculous I am. So, it’s like in a cartoon with an overabundance of thought bubbles. Listening to audiobook leads to visualising reading book which leads to visualising the story – thought bubble within a thought bubble. Maybe it was just sleep deprivation. I also blame the sleep deprivation for completely stripping me of any restraint, so I was giggling like a FOOL on the train (and this is worse when you’re listing to something, at least when I have a book with me there appears to be a flimsy excuse). I also got completely overemotional on the bus to mum’s. I was practically in tears. Cause clearly I am a loser. Overall, I quite liked the story. Nice, creepy and twisted. Think I’d like it more if I could read it. Oh, on that note, I have to say Eve Myles doing an American accent greatly disturbed me. I might never recover.

I spent today, after work and picking up my Anberlin/TAI tix, snuggled up on the couch watching Life on Mars. Finished the first season, finally. I do love that show quite a bit. It’s just so funny. I still can’t quite believe how much they butchered the US version. I heard a rumour about a US Torchwood…? The very thought appals me. Unless they find the missing Torchwood 4 and make it a whole new spin off, don’t even get me started on everything that is wrong with that idea. Just…*shudder*

In other news, people are getting on my nerves, I don’t want to work tomorrow, and I’m really cold! Stupid winter.

Today is the official first screening of Episode 1 of Torchwood Season 3 at BFI. I hate the UK.

James Marsters is going to be at next year’s TW convention thingamabob. I hate the UK.

Oh, how I lie! You know I’m just jealous UK, so, so jealous of your awesomeness. Even if your weather sucks and you think 26 degrees is hot. In fact, I’ll prove just how much I don’t hate you by trying to grunge up some funds to swing by again. Sigh.

Rumoured Green Day gig slotted for Sydney, 11 December. Hee!

Abbi just sent me this. She knows me so well.
Photobucket
Cute boy + Suit = WIN

Music: Angel
Mood: Lazy
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment