Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Life's just a pacecar on death only less dilligent

Why has Facebook suddenly decided we need usernames? It's not bloody MySpace! I don't want a username on Facebook. I don't want to put up with other people's usernames. I've gotten used to a certain level of mediocrity and predictability on the site, and if people have the ability to keep changing their names, I'm actually going to have to focus to figure out what's going on where, instead of just skimming over names and occurances like I currently do. I think Facebook should stop trying to be cool and be happy in the dorky simplicity I've become accustomed to.

/end random rant

Blog posts I have perused today:
> This one regarding the whole minefield that is NRL and sex scandals.
> It linked me up to this one, about an incident that happened during casting of the new season of 'So You Think You Can Dance'...the thing that got me here more than anything is the transcript that says - Nigel: You never know. You might enjoy that! (smirking) All right, see you later. I mean come on, everything else I can still understand, but that's just stupid.
> This, in turn, linked me to here, which is a response to madness being peddled by a Californian radio show - the presenters apparantly encouraged abuse of transgender children on air.

That last one is just...yeah. Isn't it lovely to live in the 21st Century where there are equal rights and we don't judge each other on superficial differences? JFC. Humanity fails. We take one step forward and fifty back. A point that I feel is proved by that whole Proposition 8 debacle - "here have some rights *yoink* haha made you look!" When are people going to realise we're all the same? We're all the same basic construct, we all breathe and eat and sleep. In the words of The Academy Is, we're the same blood. Our glaring similarities should easily overshadow the differences of skin colour or langauge or religion or sexual orientation. I don't get it. I really don't.

Bah.

Anyway, here on planet boring today, I received the first of my books from the lovely Book Depository. This site is made of win. Not only do they not charge me shipping, but they're speedy too. Well, Royal Mail has always been quite good. It's only taken a week...and it's free! Beat that, Amazon.

We were so busy at work. I could barely stop to breathe. Now I have to throw myself head first into this essay business and hope something gradeable emerges.

Speaking of, thanks to everyone who read my creative piece and tried to extract me from the giant mess I made of the tense. I am much obliged. Wine for all! I still need opinions on the name though...but now, coffee!

Music: She's my Winona - Fall Out Boy
Mood: Working
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment