Saturday, June 27, 2009

Today was a day just like any other

Currently highly amused by a twitter repartee between James Moran and Joe Lidster (both screenwriters who've done some Torchwood/Doctor Who work) following the latter reading about himself on the DW forums. That is always a bad idea, I'm not even famous and I know that. The general gist of this is firmly established in the immortal words of Mikey Way's t-shirt : don't google yourself. But anyway, as I said, it's highly amusing. It seems to have culminated with the tweet - 'are you going to make me dress like Ianto again?' *snorts* The reason I am into this whoniverse deal as much as I am is no doubt because the various minds involved seem to act so much like my friends and I most of the time. We're all on our own looney little planet.

The fact that I need to comment on this says something about the major appeal of twitter being in other people's random conversations. Take all the Perez Hilton drama this past week - there were more than a few celebs getting a stab in, the most prolific by far must have been John Mayer's contribution. Rolling Stone even collected the entire thing. To be honest, Perez should probably just shut up and take it. I mean if you're going to sit around and make snarky comments about other people 99% of the time, you can't be surprised and hurt when those people turn around at the first opportunity to dish back. He's so defenisive which I find amazing. I'm not saying physical violence was necessarily the right course of action, but I just don't think he can innocently play the victim card the way he has. I don't actually follow Perez so I've been getting all this through word of mouth/third parties. I generally puzzle over why exactly he is as popular as he is...I mean, what's his actual point?

Curse of this generation really, isn't it? Bunch of people famous for essentially doing nothing to contribute to society. Like that mad lot off The Hills. The very embodiment of pointlessness.

Anyway...I only really come on to post some lyrics currently stuck in my head. Oh so easily distracted *rolls eyes*

I wake up to find it's another
Four aspirin morning, and I dive in
I put on the same clothes I wore yesterday.
When did society decide that we had to change
And wash a t-shirt after every individual use:
If it's not dirty, I'm gonna wear it.
I take the stairs to the car
And there's fog on the windows.
I need caffeine in my blood stream,
I take caffeine in the blood stream.
I grip the wheel and all at once I realize:
My life has become a boring pop song
And everyone's singing along

Music: I'm ready - Jack's Mannequin
Mood: Geeky
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ugh don't get me started on The Hills. I can barely hide my contempt for the airheads that come in blabbering for the books. We are soon going to be vastly outnumbered by vapid, shallow, jaundice bobbleheads. Woe.

    ReplyDelete