Monday, June 15, 2009

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal

Ross Noble on both Rove and Good News Week was an absolute riot. I may have cracked a rib from the sheer insanity of it all. The sausage roll story itself was pure gold - you can watch it here. If anyone is actually interested in the madness that was GNW this week, and yes it was even crazier than usual and includes gross misuse of a smoke machine and absolutely no political correctness to be found anywhere within a 30 mile radius, you can view that over here on their site. Gotta love technology.

I had such a strange day today - worst case of deja vu ever. The entire day felt like a repeat...and not just because of the mundane reality that is a full Monday at work. Everything I did, every little comment I made, or scribble I drew or site I covertly accessed on Jasper, felt like it had been done before. It was slightly disconcerting. Last night I also had a slew of crazy dreams, most memorable of them being one where a co-worker of my mother's was madly in love with her and I stood around finding it highly hilarious and/or messing around with it as I saw fit. I also had a dream that I had seen the first episode of Children of Earth somewhere between watching the double episodes of Numb3rs and NCIS (which I had actually watched before heading to bed) and was thus running around trying to find the rest of the series while also trying to convince everyone that I had in fact seen it. So somewhere in the night I watched a fictional episode of Torchwood (not unlike that time I dreamt up an entirely non-existent Aerosmith song). THIS IS HOW SAD MY LIFE HAS BECOME. The lot of a witless fangirl. Dear BBC, you have ruined my life.

I've been doing that a lot lately, haven't I? "Writing" these little letter type things. I have clearly regressed back to high school.

Suffice it so say, life is not very interesting right at this very moment. I think I have recovered from the madness of finishing two major assignments in a week after procrastinating spectuacularly, and so now it is time to shut the hell up and start work on my thesis. Damn it. I need to start researching things porperly. I also need to finish my creative thesis by the end of next month. Bah. Somewhere in this time I also need to go for my driver's license. I've been so lazy getting the full one that it's actually gotten to the point where it expires next month. Oops. I really don't feel like reading a boring book and traffic rules and regulations...can't I just get an SUV like everyone else?

Tomorrow, Em and Roze are coming over so we can finish Em's media project. We star in an eBay spoof-type ad-thing (technical term). It's highly embarrassing. And unscripted. There's a lot of giggling involved. Ah the things you do for your friends.

Oh, found out today that the lovely All American Rejects are gracing us with their presence at the end of August. I'm not quite sure why they're touring with Hoobastank, but heeeey, whatever. It's AAR, it'll be fun!

I leave you with the following - it is funny because it is true.
Photobucket

Music: 21 Guns - Green Day
Mood: Relaxed
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hoobastank?? Did they have more than one song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just know 'The Reason'...I didn't even know they were still together!

    ReplyDelete