Friday, May 1, 2009

My heads in heaven, my soles are in hell

Hurry, hurry
You put my head in such a flurry, flurry.
What makes you so special?
I'm going to leave you
I'm going to teach you
How we're all alone.

The OCD part of me that's obsessed with perfection and symmetry is slightly pissed that I didn't blog so much during April. At the start of last month, I noticed that completely coincidentally, I was logging 36 blog entries per month for '09. I thought this was rather cool and wanted to see if I could keep it up. Of course as soon as the resolve is made, it fails. *sigh*

I just realised it's Mother's day on Sunday. Crap. I better get something. Oh and hey, I finally got my government money. It's about bloody time!

My mind is so frazzled, I find it hard to be coherent. Just ask any of the people in my uni classes, they can attest. I just um and ah all the time...more than usual I mean. It's frustrating. I'm also epically tired, slept like shit last night. I woke up during the night cause my head was aching so much...who wakes up because their head hurts, I mean come on, that's not fair. So anyway, scraped through work and such with relatively little enthusiasm. Luckily it was busy so I couldn't dwell. I just want to sleep though. Definitely not aiding productivity.

My dad is going to be a fucking nightmare with this moving business, he's already being a royal pain in the ass. Mum and I had it all worked out and then he comes flapping in and messing everything up. I just wish he'd calm down and slow down, why everything must always be a major crisis, I don't know.

Does the end of 'What a catch Donnie' feature a mash-up of a bunch of old Fall Out Boy songs like 'Sugar, we're going down' and 'Growing up', or am I imagining things?

Totally obsessed with Folie a Deux now. Something just happened on Wednesday as I listened to it on the train where it just seemed to fall in to place and became utterly brilliant. Eureka moment, as it were. Before that I was a bit blah about the whole thing to be honest.

In other news, my recently unearthed indie kid wants to go to Splendour in the Grass this year - Bloc Party, MGMT, The Flaming Lips, Jane's Addiction, Yves Klein Blue, Manchester Orchestra. I just don't think it's worth $250, not even including the camping/accomodation requirements. Bah.

Quote of the day goes to Captain Mal Reynolds:
This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.

Photobucket

Music: w.a.m.s - Fall Out Boy
Mood: Achy
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Mother's Day is NEXT Sunday, as in the 10th May. That's one of the benefits of working in retail, it's hard to forget the major consumer days. It's another reason I suggested pancakes in two weeks, I thought you'd probably have plans with your mum =)

    Can you knock your dad unconscious???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh brilliant idea!

    Oh and lol, thanks for the heads up on ze Mother's Day. I r idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right about What A Catch Donnie and they're all guest vocals.

    * Elvis Costello - "Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet"
    * Gabe Saporta (Cobra Starship) - "Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy"
    * Travis McCoy (Gym Class Heroes) - "Sugar, We're Goin Down"
    * Brendon Urie (Panic at the Disco) - "Dance, Dance"
    * Doug Neumann ((Doug)) - "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race"
    * Alex DeLeon (The Cab) - "Thnks fr th Mmrs"
    * William Beckett (The Academy Is...) - "Growing Up"

    ReplyDelete
  4. William and Brendon I picked up as soon as I really listened to it :D Thanks for the liiist!

    ReplyDelete