Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Forever is our today

In one of my token slips into my bubble where I just assume everyone knows what I'm talking about, I made a bit of a twat of myself as I got into the lift after class today. The lifts have just recently been upgraded so we're all still getting used to their eccentricities. This one happened to dip a little, say something, and then the doors closed really quickly. I then, without even thinking, promptly quipped "Watch out for the disinfectant!" Cue confused looks from everyone else. All I can say is you all live empty lives without the Doctor in it. So neugh. Although I'm glad I didn't pull out the Torchwood quote when it said "Going down". That would probably just have disturbed them.

Speaking of TW, a promo for Season 3 aired on UKTV today, hee! Things are...very...slowly... progressing. It kind of reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer tries to find his soulmate and is told to follow the turtle. When he impatiently kicks it, the turtle constructs this massive pyramid for him to climb -"this is because I kicked you, isn't it?" I feel all my internal arm waving and hurry up whining could no doubt result in something similar.
"You want it? Come and claim it...over the next five weeks, while you're at work...."
"This is because I rushed you, isn't it?"
*vigorous nodding*

In general, class was ok. If you ignore the bit where I couldn't string a single sentence together. I think I can cobble a decent assignment together from ideas we've discussed and I virtually have free reign to do it within the next two weeks, which isn't bad really. I just hope it isn't a complete disaster, so my tutor doesn't kill me...very slowly.

Of course I really should get started on the creative piece. And I should think of something to discuss with my supervisor. Don't know what really since we aren't allowed to do any work on the actual thesis. Ugh. Will think of something no doubt.

Work was an absolute nightmare. We were so busy that at one point I ran out of chairs. It was pretty much how I expected yesterday to be. There was so much paperwork to get through as well. Four stacks of mail, cheques to be processed, bills to be paid. Almost makes you think it's not worth going on holiday.

We also did not get the huge house I mentioned previously. I suppose this is only fair. It really would have been too big for the three of us, I can see us losing each other in it. Which is kind of what we want since there can never be too much space in this family, but hey, whatever. However, we did get the one in Menai. Next Tuesday the epic headache that is the decorating and moving will no doubt begin. On the upside, I get to paint. Yes, no more of this beige and off white atrocities sucking my will to live. I also still get two rooms for my own devices. I've decided to colourwash my room red (I have just bought these damned sheets, no way in hell am I changing colour schemes), while the study will be something bright and silly. Light green walls and purple finishings. Something like that. Mind you, I haven't actually seen this house, so I have no idea how it'll all work out. I can only really start decorating when I have some mental picture of the place.

Numerous trips to Bunnings and IKEA lie in my future. My two favourite places *cough*

I finished my Milan Kunderra book today, so I think I'm entitled to return to some Brideshead...and a warm bed.

Hmm. This song always sort of depresses me. Thanks Freddie.

Photobucket

Music: Who wants to live forever - Queen
Mood: Cold
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment