Wednesday, May 13, 2009

To be a rock and not to roll

The BBC is driving me to distraction with their inability to set.a.freaking.date for TW S3. I mean really, how hard can it be? We were promised June. That’s next month! It seems unlikely to happen. I feel as if we’ll never see it; instead it will forever be dangled in front of us like a carrot in front of an especially stupid donkey.

Speaking of TW [oh look, something new and different for a change!], come oooon people. Don’t bitch about Almost Perfect so much. It was completely and utterly hilarious, surely you can see that, even just a little? No? You don’t see it? It was so freaking silly, I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry half the time. You can’t tell me you read these books as intelligent literature, so why does it matter if it was total crack fiction? It’s bloody sanctioned fanfiction, for crying out loud. And yes I admit, Ianto as a woman got a bit off track there near the end, but to say Gwen is the only person who’s characterisation was any good is ridiculous, cause I really wanted to shoot her for saying/thinking poor lamb or whatever it was every few paragraphs. That said, it was structured fanfuckingtastically. I mean hell, I enjoyed it so much I’m adopting a similar structure for my honours thesis. I just don’t get why it upset so many people. Much like I don’t get why Combat is so many people’s favourite episode. Hello, derivation. You are all familiar with Fight Club, right?

Meanwhile, in the real world, I braved the madness that is IKEA and spent too much money today. Bought the wrong colour desk. Head met said wrong coloured desk. Damn it. Now I have to trudge back there tomorrow and exchange it. Bookcases are good though, also got a mirror for my wall. Still need a full length but saw a gorgeous one that I didn’t quite have the cash for atm, so will wait. Also got containers that will work perfectly in the green room wardrobe. Now I just need to have one of my Paris pictures printed on canvas for the wall outside my door and unpack all my books and cds and I am D.O.N.E. Well excluding the painting and the bathroom anyway. Did I mention I now have a fridge in the green room? It’s quite strange, but we seem to have an abundance of fridges so I got one. At the moment it’s just filled with bottles and bottles of Lipton Iced Red Tea.

Someone remind me to take my pills tomorrow morning please, so I don’t have a fucking nervous breakdown doing this damned presentation.

I have ten pages worth of bullet points…that’s enough to maintain an half an hour discussion right?

Siiiiiiiiiigh.

I don't think I will ever stop hating presentations with every fibre of my being. Now, to bed. Where it is warm. Hopefully.

Music: Stairway to heaven - Led Zeppelin
Mood: Sleepy
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This makes me think of me lying on the couch with Oreo and you going; "tea?"

    ReplyDelete