Thursday, May 28, 2009

Red balloons go by

I am in love with the new Torchwood promo pics. I saw this one this morning and my brain just short-circuited.

Photobucket
[I stole the pic from here]

Presentation went ok. I talked way too fast which I always do, but I got through everything and it looked like I engaged with text so yeah. It went well with the other guy's presentation too, so I think we did ok. We got an extention on our essay as well, so now I have a little more room to work with. I'm going to try and still get it done, cause I don't want to have a situation where I'm still doing it the night before you know.

I also got my first assignment back. The tutor was saying how we all did well, but she was marking really hard and that she would be nicer with our next assignment. I was of course worried, especially since I hadn't picked up my assignment last week like most of the others so I had no idea how to take her talk about it. Anyway, she handed mine over and it turns out I got a high distinction. I never know how to feel about this. I always look at the others and I think how hard they try, and then I look at me bitching and moaning and feeling like I don't know what I'm doing, but I get this mark. Especially since they all think I don't care. It's not that I don't care, of course I care - we all want to do as well as we can after all, it's just that I realised a long time ago that with the odd way my brain is wired, I can't afford to let myself worry about these things. I would drive myself mad. My perfectionism fried me in high school and I can't do that again. I can't deal with that. So I take this cae sera sera attitude to save myself the heartache. So I feel a bit conflicted when I get these marks, but at the same time, it feels wonderful to think I can actually do this shit. It doesn't matter if I can't discuss it in class or spout theory from the top of my head, I can engage with it in my work, and that's something. So they might think I'm a very strange person who hardly ever talks, makes stupid jokes they don't get, and stares at them blankly, but in the end my work is solid. It's vindication in a sense. I suppose that's good.

With the presentation done and work slightly better spaced out, I've taken the evening to unwind. Revelling in the state of fandom bliss induced by the above referenced pics, I decided to watch some Firefly. I never got around to finishing the season. I'm up to episode 10 now. It is such a great show. I also came to the conclusion today that Simon was quite cute.

Anyway, I am so desperate for chocolate, I'm eating coco puffs. Seeing as I only got four hours sleep yesterday, I think it'd be best if I headed to bed.

Oh, before I forget - congratulations to Lyn-Z and Gerard Way who welcomed Bandit Lee Way into the world yesterday (I think it was yesterday, bah time zones!) The news was confirmed by Mikey Way on trusty twitter. I am overwhelmed by the urge to go out and buy punk baby clothes - converse, misfits jumpsuits and the like. So, so adorable. I'm sure it's going to be a very cute, very quirky kid. My, how the rockstar brood continues to grow!

Music: Seinfeld
Mood: Gleeful
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment