Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mixtape May 09

Here be the songs that were on heavy rotation this past month.

Green Day, 21 Guns - Like I said in my previous post, this is the song that clicked straight away.

Pink, So What - There's something about this song that is just so much fun. Great when I'm walking to uni and trying to ward off the threatening gloom of education.

Mindless Self Indulgence, Shut me up - Always gets me into a 'get up and go' mood. Particularly good when stressed out - in a minute, in a fucking minute!

Forgive Durden, Beware the Jub Jub bird and shun the frumious badnersnacth - I always enjoy "re-discovering" Forgive Durden every now and then. One of those impossibly eloquent bands littered with references and intertextuality - I am powerless to resist. This one gets top points cause it has the brilliant line, "I want to sink my teeth into skin I can't see through". I love it.

Fall Out Boy, w.a.m.s - Out of all the Folie a Deux tracks, this one probably got played the most. That whole album deserves to be on this list actually. It was definitely the soundtrack for May. I must have listened to it continuously for at least two and a half weeks, easily.

Envy on the Coast, Lapse - I just can't get enough of this album! I don't know what it is but I find myself listening to it very regularly.

Ludo, Topeka - Ludo bring the sick and twisted back to the party. Brilliant.
I found God in a catalytic converter, in Topeka on a Monday night. I taste blood every time I think of summer, if that’s true, I’m in for quite a treat. Cause I’m begging for the sun in a mid-Missouri winter, waiting desperately to get out of town. No, you can’t keep a good man down. You’ve been known to obsess over the future. Do you think you’ll get away from the past? As you starve yourself just to make it through ‘til midnight, consider what you might have found. You think you’ve got a good thing now. I found God in a catalytic converter, in Topeka on a Monday night. Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future, so you know it keeps me hanging around. No, you can’t keep a good man down.

I honestly can't think of what else I listened to this month. I can't access my iTunes cause the IT boys have the connection for my external drive (they're trying to find me a new one). But between my weird as hell study playlist and listening to the Green Day and Fall Out Boy albums, I don't think May had much diversity. So there ya go.

Music: The Static Age - Green Day
Mood: Blaaaaah
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment