Sunday, May 24, 2009

Forever and always

"we need society so that we can sit just at the edge of it and critique it but every once in awhile we need to sneak in and warm ourselves on the fire. there is a grace to rolling, to the perfect spiral. but there is no grace in going end over end. its an amusement park ride at best- but at worst it is light and dark, dawn and dusk, spinning end over end so fast that it becomes a blur."

***

O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention.
~ William Shakespeare

***

I can steal the universe, trap it beneath my heart. Words, promises, breaths that linger in the still night air, that builds and tears apart. Convergence in the darkness, trysts in contemplation. It's in the resonance of fragile expression, in the mirror it upholds. It gives light to vindication within self doubting hesitation. Moments when everything reverberates, and is there for the taking. Stretch a dream and let go.

***

I know you think you know,
But these eyelids are windows that shut you out
From all the things that I don't want you to know.
And I refuse to tell you one single secret I own.
'Cause you'll find I'm petrified of your eyes.

***

EDIT 22:52 -

Random shit I feel like talking about but don't feel like starting new post. Firstly, my head is screaming as if an ADD four year old is trapped inside and has been denied a toy. Full tantrum mode. To compliment this feeling, the very act of breathing hurts in a fashion that pulls from my lungs straight to the top of my right ear. Odd I know, but that's the feeling. Finally, my soul is leaking from my ear in a flood of untapped inspiration that can't be nailed down in a productive manner.

Overall, productivity continues to escape me. This very statement brings its own wheelbarrow of luggage to the table, most of which takes the form of tight knots in my stomach that make the four year old in my head scream all the louder.

I would also like to point out two of my biggest issues with TW fanfiction. Firstly, Ianto is not a girl. Quite frankly, I don't understand why you want to portray him as such. If convention is your thing, why don't you write a Grey's Anatomy fic or I don't know, something else. Secondly, there is no fucking way Ianto knows about Jack's immortality before the season 1 final. In absolutely no way can that make sense. Just look at his face when Owen kills Jack, just look at it.

God I have such a volatile relationship with fanfiction. I just don't think I'm geared to putting up with it. And you know, I wouldn't have to put up with this level of disappointment if they'd just give me a new damned season already.

Mu night has taken a very petulant turn. Sore and tired. Looking for a way out.

Music: Starving your friends - Envy on the Coast
Mood: Working
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment