Sunday, May 17, 2009

I become what I can't be

Trying to convince my mum she wants to make hot chocolate is proving more difficult than I deem absolutely necessary.

Two quick things, both related to the twittersphere I guess:

1) I want one of these Losers of Friday Night on their Computer shirts! That was the most random, most fun things I've woken up to in a while. And though it wasn't technically Friday night for me at the time, I totally got behind the concept. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it was started by the every brilliant Amanda Palmer and inadvertently ended up taking over the place for a little bit. You can read about it here. It was like one of those cultish, mega-quick things that instil that "oh you had to be there!" reactions and thus I feel it warrants a shirt.

2) What is with these damned Octopus USB drives being peddled by Mark Hoppus and Pete Wentz/related FBR crew? I mean hell, when did USB drives become something of merch-esque standard? There's something in there about how technologically dependent we've become as a society but I'm damned if I can find it. Again, if you don't know wtf I'm on about - here, here and here.

Oh, saw the most adorable thing waiting for the train yesterday. There was a couple waiting next to me, and one was fussing with his scarf, trying to get it to sit right I suppose. Anyway, the minute he was satisfied with it and let it go, his boyfriend yanked him forewards with it, effectively ruining his work. The expression on his face was so priceless! It was one of those long suffering "if I didn't like you so much I'd kill you" looks.

Also, random sidenote, I have forgotten how stunning this was.


Music: Stop and stare - One Republic
Mood: Relaxed
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh is THAT what it is!!! I saw Beckett flaunting his but it looked like a dog tag not a USB stick. ahhhh.

    *shrugs* If we have mobile phone covers and ringtones, desktop wallpapers and even special playstations that are designed by/promote/reference an artist, why not usb sticks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I initially though it was a dog tag too except you know, noticing it was too bulky. Twitter informs me of all. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete