Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wait till tomorrow, you'll be fine

I have taken to watching Merlin on the train, since it's the only time I seem to be able to sit still for forty minutes and do nothing. The problem is, something about that show makes me grin like a fool. It's just so silly. So more often than not, you will have me sitting there trying wildly to supress my manic grinning. I suspect fellow passengers fear for my sanity.
"If this was war time, I'd have you flogged!"
"But since it's not, you'll let it go, just this once?"

I'm heading to the State Library with Roze after work tomorrow so she can show me the magic ways of research beyond my precious internet. Although we're having sessions with the UTS librarian about research and such and she said something about using google. I felt so vindicated. People always scoff at google as a research tool, but it's never failed me. Google is god. Neugh. But back to the point, I should probably compile some sort of list of what to look at/for/whatever. Simmel, I think. Proust. Literary criticism and theory. Something on network culture. Something.

Photo of the day, again from Jasper -
Photobucket
This is the view from the classroom I was in today. It is the old Calrton & United Brewery site which they've been working on for a while now. It looks like a bomb site to me. At least there isn't scaffolding that can randomly collaspe, unlike down in Castlereagh street. I've always found it kind of ironic that there was a brewery across the road from a university. Very apt.

It has to be said though, I was very impressed with that room. It's one of the newer ones and for Building 2 it's very nice. People had some difficulty finding it though, I found my lecturer milling around the escelators looking lost until I pointed her in the right direction (the room number she had was for the bathroom). Another girl was amazed when I showed her the magic of the escalators. See, the lifts in building 2 are disturbing and are to be avoided at all cost. More often than not if you take them you end up in the weird subterranean underworld of UTS which takes the appearance of a huge building site. It's like a concrete maze down there. I still insist if there was ever a nuclear attack, level 1 of the UTS tower is where you want to be. Make a note people.

Oh and I did manage to reference Doctor Who in class. Come on, all that space-time stuff, it's unavoidable! I think the guy who I was paired with didn't quite know what to make of me. Ah well, always the way. If you can't join them, perplex them.

Music: Bones - The Killers
Mood: Thirsty
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That is a truly great motto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha glad you approve. I figure why try, I'll just confuse them lol

    ReplyDelete