Friday, March 20, 2009

Everyone’s caught on to everything you do

I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter
And make believe it came from you
I'm gonna write words oh so sweet

They're gonna knock me off my feet
A lotta kisses on the bottom
I'll be glad I got 'em
I'm gonna smile and say
I hope you're feeling better
I'll close with love the way you do
I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter
And I'm gonna make believe it came from you

Dum dum dum.

Yeah ok. I don't know either. I just felt like it.

Today as I was wasting time on Twitter (which is becoming a bad habit and which would be infinitely more entertaining if more of my friends were actually involved), I had the thought that, you know, many ‘famous’ people don’t have twitter or facebook or such. Probably for fear of being flooded/stalked every waking hour of the day. Which is fair enough, but I was wondering, considering how big part of modern communication these things are, how do they actually keep in touch with people they know? Like their friends and family and such? Sure there’s email and messaging and whatever, but Facebook is the ultimate in staying involved in people’s lives. My friends and I don’t even have to talk anymore, it’s just a matter of “Yep, saw on Facebook.” Maybe they create accounts under psuedonyms or something. I just find it very hard to think that someone wouldn't have a Facebook account. I mean hell, my grandmother is on Facebook. It hardly seems fair if they miss out. But then again, they're probably better adjusted for it. Sometimes it gets a bit...overwhelming. Too much information. Danger, danger, arms flailing wildly! And so on.

I’m slightly hyper. I don’t know why. Maybe it's just nervous energy as my dad is getting on my nerves majorly. I feel suffocated. I want to run screaming from the house. It was with a lot of trepadition that I returned home after work today. One should not dread returning to one's home. Sigh. I suppose it’s not his fault he’s clingy and annoying. Does not make it any easier to deal with though.

ANZ sent me a brochure today informing me I can now personalize my credit card for free (limited time only, of course). So, you know, in exchange for signing away my soul four years ago, I can now put a pretty photo on my card. I’m considering it, because I am a loser, but of course I don’t want to put a photo of my dog on it or anything. No, I want to have the Torchwood logo or something like that. Like I said, because I am a loser. They might object due to copyright or some such crap. Always red tape.

I’m think I’m having a minor allergy attack. I can barely breathe and I went through a box of tissues at work. Blah. I hate it.

Oooh there be an article on the rise of singledom - "I hope in that in 10 years, there won't be a need for someone to write encouragingly about being single. It will be accepted as a choice, not a handicap." Damn straight.

The Hugo Award nominations are out and I now really want to get my hands on the Firefly and The Dresden Files graphic novels. Oh, and The Graveyard Book, which sounds brilliant and right up my alley. You can check them all out here.

I have work in the morning but the parental unit is going off on one of their 4x4 adventures so I can have the house, and the afternoon, all to myself. Always a cheery thought.

Is that what you call a getaway? Well, tell me what you got away with, cause I’ve seen more spine on jellyfish, I've seen more guts in eleven year old kids. Have another drink and drive yourself home, I hope there’s ice on all the roads, and you can think of me as you forget your seatbelt and again when your head goes through the windshield. Is that what you call tact? Well, your as subtle as a brick in the small of my back, so let’s end this call and end this conversation.

Music: Seventy time seven - Brand New
Mood: Hyper
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment