Sunday, March 1, 2009

I was going to jump too

I can only groan and wish there was some hole for me to stick my head in. So not in the mood for work. Headache. Possible makings of a sore throat? I don't want to be sick, its too early in the year. Remember epic chest infection that I brought back from Europe? I'm beginning to wonder whether it might possibly have been whooping cough - practice manager and entire family have been diagonosed with it and they're in the same state I was in. It would explain why I was convinced I had cracked a rib which is only now starting to feel normal again. But it was probably just what it was, a severe infection.

Anyway.

Lizzie was over on the weekend for maximum nerding out. Spent Saturday watching Return of the Jedi. I love how we spend more time yelling things at the screen and making interfandom comments, than actually really watching it. Many inappropriate things were said about stormtroopers and their secret rendezvous in the forest of Endor (come on, what exactly are they all doing in groups of two or three in the middle of nowhere, having a picnic?) This is what comes from prolonged Torchwood exposure. Speaking of, we finished watching season 1 and started season 2. As always, it fills me with endless amounts of glee cause Captain John and snarky!Ianto are made of win. We also watched 'Blink'...I still think the creepiest thing about that is the murderous expression on the angels' faces *shudder*

The nerding out was of course a lead up to the Star Wars exhibition...not that we need much of an excuse to nerd out, what with it being our natural state and all. It was a day where all our fandoms melted together as quotage and singing abounded, most notably "Stay on target! Stay on target!", "Blink and your dead!" and "Luke be a Jedi tonight." We greatly amused random strangers with our quoting ways. Our nerdiness knows no bounds. The best part of the exhibition itself was Lizzie being molested by a stormtrooper. Ok so I exaggerate, but he did bump into her and we did disolve into a huge fit of giggles. We got a photo and everything. I think we scared him since I never saw him by himself again after that, he always had his little rebel fighter pilot friend with him. Copy that gold leader, and so on. One could say they were counterparts *snort*

Look, the main thing is I amuse myself. Its the Ye Olde school of amusement.

The merch was shocking. I wanted to get a stormtrooper figure to keep my two Jacks company (due to the previously stated inappropriate behaviour of course) but they didn't have any. Come on people, Lucasfilm sells out to everything that stands still long enough, surely you could have done better than 'Clone Wars' lunch boxes! Tsk tsk.

I now have to ge through a full day at work which so far has yielded very little in the way of either work to be done or entertainment. I have my uni readings but I'm too tired and headachy to maintain enough focus to absorb anything. I'm sick of studying Marxist theory anyway. It has been following me since Year 10. Let go already.

I need new work shoes. Desperately. Also suddenly overcome by urge to watch Across the Universe. Hm.

We all flirt with the tiniest notion,
Of self conclusion in one simplified motion
You see the trick is that you're never meant to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets
I'd be lying if if I said that things would never get rough
And all this cliche motivation, it could never be enough
I could stand here all night trying to convince you
But what good would that do? My offer stands and you must choose


Music: Self conclusion - the voices in my head
Mood: Nerdy
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment