Saturday, March 21, 2009

Clamping my tongue between my teeth

I have come to the conclusion that the pace of Battlestar Galactica is rather relentless. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is they're doing, but it's very immersive. I'm new to it all, but I have to admit I find it kind of ironic that I spent the afternoon on the couch starting season 1, when everyone else (interested in BSG) in the universe was watching the finale of the series. I don't like coming in at the end of things, but this was just a matter of opportunity. Don't know if I'll become obsessed with BSG or not. Too early to tell, I'm only five episodes in (but yes, clearly not Whoniverse scale obsession as five episodes were more than enough there.)

As we're on the topic of relentless pace, work today was exactly that. We saw about 21 patients in the space we would normally only see 10 in. I didn't get home until considerably later than anticipated. After I did the dreaded vacuuming and what have you, there was barely any of my precious free time left. Parents were back by 6. Drama naturally followed shortly. Because I'm petulant yes, but it's not like there's much co-operation so I am disinclined to feel overly guilty. Cannot get simple questions answered or simple requests such as "If I order dinner, will you pick it up?" considered without fanfare. I'm tired and grumpy and not in the mood for ridiculous reasoning. Oh and yeah, by the way Jen, thanks for buying us dinner. That's ok. Chalk it up to another fictional conversation.

Slighthly awkward evening spent in growing silence.

Setting aside tomorrow for some serious uni work. I've really been slacking off lately and need to get my ass in gear. Not that I want to, but I got myself into this godforsaken mess and better shut up and get on with it. Course work is worth 40% of eventual Honours mark. Sigh. Oh, and I still don't have a supervisor. Goddamnit.

Oh and the Crusaders actually won a game! Oh, boys what you put me through *shakes head sadly* I hope Daniel is happy with himself, wherever he sits resting that ruptured achilles tendon of his. That/this/none of it would have happened if you'd just stayed where you were, I wouldn't have let it! *huffs* Yes, I have delusions of granduer, but these are my boys people, and I'm not used to suffering like this.

Think I might head to bed. Hopefully I won't have any other bizarre dreams involving inebriated actors, fangirls, David Bowie and me bossing people around. I blame it all on watching Labyrinth last night. Actually considering writing it all up in story form cause it was just so ridiculous...

Random shit of the day - Kids are smoking smarties?Sigh. Some days one has no choice but to fear for the future.

Similarly, random quiz from mental_floss - celebrity baby name or computer virus?

Music: Ghost - The Academy Is...
Mood: Grumpy
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Battlestar is coolio. It's the one program my mother hates however, as she thinks it is "Too slow, too american and too self-important.", well, she never actually said that, but it is what I gathered she wanted to say from the expression on her face. Is it wrong to love Gaius?

    I think smoking smarties is hilarious. I can see why it could turn into a problem, but i don't give a damn out of sheer respect for these kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope not, cause Gaius is a fantastic character.

    It's just so bizarre! I mean who came up with the idea? Bored boy sits in school pushing smarties around. Lightbulb. "Hey, I know, we can 'smoke' these suckers!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Smarties thing is just an evolution. Remember the fad sticks???? Those little white things that looked like lolly pop sticks except you ate them.

    And when I was little you actually had chocolate cigarettes, complete with edible cigarette paper.

    I think this smarties craze is safer than mint snorting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved smarties. It feels vaguely sacrilegious. Cue Jen the Smartie Nazi: "You're not doing it right!"

    I wonder if peopel still snort sherbet...

    ReplyDelete