Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Piss.Off.

The dance class business has been postponed until after easter when both Roze and I have a better grip on this Honours thing. We had dinner and looked for textbooks instead. Felt good to vent and know that she's in the same boat I'm in. Wish the feeling could last though, but sadly it resettled into my bones the minute I stepped through the door.

I'm so tired, I just want to chill and switch my brain off, but it's imposible. I need to type up a worksheet and I haven't done all my readings for Thursday. I also have no idea what exactly we are meant to do in class tomorrow. There's nothing online that seems to work for me, so I don't know if that's just because there's something wrong or whether they just haven't gotten to the students at the dead-end of the alphabet yet.

I wanted to buy a textbook earlier but it was $110 which made me balk. I knew they were expensive, but this thing wasn't even big! And it's social sciences! Jesus. Who knew. I'll hold off and see what I can dredge up in the State Library later this week. Might even have to venture into the uni library. There's a first time for everything.

My nails have been chewed to within and inch of their life. It's disgusting.

Homicidal rage on train in to uni as some wannabe teen gangsters attempted to graffiti the train. They were however also smoking which immediately alerted the conductor, who flapped around pointlessly for a bit before making sure we were stuck there for ten minutes while he dealt with "a security issue". The little shits just wandered off eventually. I wanted to kill them myself. Fifteen minutes late for class! I don't have the energy for this bs, I mean really. You know what also annoys me - people who listen to their music with the loudspeaker function on their phones or whatever. I don't want to listen to your music, it's a completely invasion of public space. And it's not like I can get away from it if it's on the train. Usually, it tends to be really loud too, so it bleeds through my iPod. That's what iPods and such were invented for people, invest in one.

I had this huge flashback earlier of first year, before I had a job and was perpetually broke. I'd sit for hours in this Glebe cafe just nursing a latte, cause I couldn't afford anything else, trying to do my uni readings and just feeling completely alien and dejected.

Tomorrow I'm starting a new 'blog project' if you will. I’ll be taking a photo a day for the rest of March and posting it. For no apparent reason, and to no real point or purpose. Just something to do other than fuss.

Right now I'm going to have a shower in the vain hope it relaxes me and type up this questionaire thing. What the point is, I don't know. I feel I'm just putting sticking plasters over gaping wounds really.

Music: 21st Century Breakdown - Green Day
Mood: Dejected
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. It's an overwhelming rush of pointlessness. I don't know whether I should just bow out and get it over with.

    ReplyDelete