Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chasing lies no one believes

Who doesn't like a man playing the piano?

Essay writing is going woefully. I know I keep bitching about it, but I can't help it. I feel...stunted.

My father, in his aggravating existence, does not help the issue much. I seriously cannot believe that one person can be such a pest, let alone clearly enjoy being such a pest.

I hope it keeps raining. I love the rain when I'm prepared for it. I want to wear my leather jacket and my tights and swan about, Starbucks in hand. I'm kinda channeling the Mary outfit vibe:

Photobucket

You know, I really think she's quite pretty in this. Not as stunning as Morgana, tho. Obviously.

Also, since I'm looking at screencaps [from here btw]:
Photobucket

Just. Too. Cute. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Even if my mum completely doesn't get it. But then my parents continue to do their best to try and warp my perception of Jack, so it's hardly surprising that I refuse to listen to them. I'm fairly certain this whole Torchwood fandom completely perplexes them.

Speaking of, I'm amused that my Torchwood folder has randomly taken to displaying a picture of Jack Sparrow. I don't know where it came from but it's hilariously apt either way.

What? I keep telling you I am easily amused.

I'm meeting Mandy tomorrow to talk about my project. So hopefully that goes well. I suppose I should come up with some ideas to talk about? I don't know how this works. Trial and error I suppose.

Guess I'd better return to the essay. Le sigh. But perhaps shower first. It's amazing how many showers one can take when one is procrastinating. I will forever remember Lizzie's random blog while doing an essay (was it for Power and Change? I think so) on Myspace (God forbid, when we were still dabbling there) which had to be the most accurate stream of conciousness type set of blogs ever to catch the academic process, including the eventual descent into madness. Brilliant.

Music: I promise you walls - Shiny Toy Guns
Mood: Malingering, clearly.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. ahahaha! I remember that too!!!!

    I want to wear my leather jacket but I don't know if there's something I'm meant to do it before I wear it. Am I meant to spray it with that waterproofing stuff you are supposed to put on your shoes??? Or is it already sufficiently waterproofed??? [On this note I discovered my new sneakers need waterproofing after walking through long, dew-covered grass] Regardless, I don't think it goes well with the work uniform. But ohhh how I want to wear it *strokes*

    My experience with supervisors is you set meetings at certain crucial moments and take them revised drafts [so like you meet today to go over initial planning, potential problems, etc] and then set a date after the mid semester break to meet and agree on a certain amount of work you should have done by then. Whether it's a first draft, a half draft with research... Whatever.

    /epic comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brendon dancing to Agadoo in a hula skirt...how could we forget!

    Read the tag, yours I think is treated leather. I don't it needs anything done to it.

    The supervisor business sounds about right, but we're not allowed to do any work on our thesis until next semester. So I'm a little baffled what I'm meant to be doing with her now. But eh, today I'll just talk about my project and how I'm not 100% sure of my direction yet. Or something o.O

    ReplyDelete