Sunday, March 29, 2009

Half-awake in a fake empire

Ha! I have found my Beauty & The Beast dvd. I have also spent the last couple of hours sitting here rocking out to my iPod. Singing along, dancing, the whole lot. Some ridiculous show is on UKTV in the background. It all makes me feel way better than I have felt for probably the last week, if not longer. I have at least done a bunch of research today, so all is not lost at least. I might discuss the interactive nature of fiction, relate it back to hypertext and focus on that whole passage about the hedge in Proust's 'Swanns Way'. I should be able to get at least 1,500 words out of that, I can't imagine this essay would need more. If that doesn't fly, I can stick to the whole the blurring between autobiography and fiction and touch upon authorial intent and the idea of a middle voice, so still Proust, but with Sebald and Cixious thrown in for good measure. The ideas are there. But for some reason they only make sense at quater to one in the morning. Silly brain.

Music: Fake Empire - The National
Mood: Cheerful
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment