Wednesday, September 9, 2009

With a little help from my friends

Since it is apparantly Beatles day here today, here is 10 of my favourite Beatles songs in no particular order:

- Hey Jude
- Here comes the sun
- Strawberry Fields Forever
- Across The Universe
- Eleanor Rigby
- All you need is love
- Revolution
- All my loving
- Something
- Let it be

Fairly productive day spent at state library in the company of Roze, and for short time Em. About ten minutes after Em arrived we had to clear the area and venture outside for hot chocolate since we were severly frustrating the man sharing our table - I dubbed him blue guy. But come on, we haven't seen each other in over a week, what do you expect? Roze and I are a menace, but we did work! That is the important thing. I managed to do most of my external media done for the piece. I really wanted to finish it tonight but I got distracted by a racing game Dad acquired for the Wii and then of course, almost-fandom night. Now I'm far too tired to work on it. Ah well, there's always early morning tomorrow! Overall, I think it was quite the lovely day.

Jack's apparantly been fixed so I can pick him up in the morning. Stopping to rob a bank along the way. Yes? No. Wonder if they will let me pay in $5 installments. Hey, a girl can dream right?

Listening to The Gaslight Anthem's 'Sink or Swim' on repeat during various commutes of the day. So, so good. Perfect way to soundtrack the day.

And then I heard it like a shot through my skull to my brain,
I felt my fingertips tingle and it started to rain,
When the walls of my bedroom were tremblin' around me,
This ramshackle voice over attack of a bluesbeat,
Tellin' me he's only looking for fun.
This was the sound of the very last gang in town.

As heard by my wild young heart, like directions on a cold dark night,
Sayin', 'Let it out. You're doin' all right.'
And I heard it in his chain gang soul.
It wasn't just the same sad song.
Saying, 'Let it out, you're doing all right.'
And I'm doing all right, are you doin' all right?

And I carried these songs like a comfort wherever I'd go.
They was there when my summers was high, there when she left me alone.
Saying... 'The soul is hard to find.'

And I never got to tell him so I just wrote it down,
I wrapped a couple chords around it and I let it come out,
When the walls of my bedroom trembled around me,
To this ramshackle voice over attack of a bluesbeat,
And a girl, on the excitement gang.
That was the sound of the very last gang in town.

Music: I'da called you Woody, Joe - The Gaslight Anthem
Mood: Thirsty
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment