Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Here follows nothing of consequence

I read this back before posting it and it's just a giant ramble of inconsequential nothing. Move along, nothing to see here.

***

One of the blogs I read did a VMA write up on the Kanye debacle, and there is the following comment - "This is why the taliban hates us!" For some inexplicable reason I found that utterly hilarious and am tempted to exclaim best. comment. ever. Even though, you know, it's not really funny. But hey, if the taliban does hate the US for Kanye, well I can't say I blame them. Perhaps that would be a better way to recruit people to their cause.

To weigh in on the debacle, just how is 'Single ladies (put a ring on it)' one of the best video of all time? How? It is nothing special, and besides, the song annoys me. I haven't seen Taylor Swift's video, so I suppose I can't really comment, but it can't be less impressive than 'Single ladies'. Surely. It's kind of funny that they're going on about it being the best video of all time when they were doing all those Michael Jackson tributes. Say what you want about Michael, his videos were amazing. I love a good theatrical video, it's why I like most of 30STM's videos too. Especially if Jared Leto is taking his shirt off...wait, what? Sigh. Such a waste, that one.

Of course some people want to make whole thing into a metaphorical race riot. FFS people, chillax. It's the MTV video music awards, it's hardly an Oscar. Besides, I can't even remember the last time I saw an actual video on MTV anyway.

When are we going to have the YouTube awards? Now that would be interesting. "And the award for most illegally recorded and watched Television Show goes to...." Just think of the categories - best animal related video, best idiotic stunt, the 5 minutes of fame award, the vlogger of the year, best comment, music video most removed by record company, video most replaced after removal by record company, best incident involving fire, best cartoon, best fan video, best recording of a live performance. Voted by the people, for the people! Your internet browser has spoken.

On this topic, saw the New Moon trailer, and while I concede it looks rather cool - the wolves, the Volturi, whatevs - it doesn't look like the acting has improved at all. Why do they have to stand around acting all intense and lacking facial expressions? Also, I really wish Edward wasn't so awkwardly stalkerish. I always pictured him as a perhaps serious but only because he's old fashioned guy with a sense of humour and certain spark for life. Movie Edward has none of that. They should take some lessons from True Blood who hit all the marks I fear they fail at.

Vampires led me to a blog post on hot vampires (which I fundamentally disagree with when it comes to Cedric, see: previous posts ad nauseum) and someone decreeing Lestat an ass and levelling much hate at him. Ok, so he is a bit of an ass, but he's also a fabulous character. I think those that don't know him past Interview with the Vampire really sell him short (I'm talking about the books btw, I haven't seen the other film(s?) after IWTV). I mean yes Louis is a tragic poetic soul, and I love him too, but Lestat has got so many layers he doesn't even know whether he's coming or going. He shifts between what he wants and what he believes, but he goes for it one hundred percent. Yes he's bad ass and vain and narcissistic, but that isn't all he is. It's fantastic, and to my mind, utterly believable. Plus he's completely fucked up, and sadly that is the way I prefer my characters. Point is, cut the guy some slack, if you can force yourself to get through 'The Vampire Lestat' so you can get on to 'Queen of the Damned', you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, who cares when you can get a Harry Potter wand as a remote control that works by recognising the flick of your wrist! Lookit! Haha epic nerd glee. Next stop - teleportation. Don't make me poke you with this newly acquired remote wand *narrows eyes*

Vampires, the supernatural...did I ever mention that I adored the end of Being Human? I was a bit iffy on it in the beginning but it really pulled together in the last three eps, of course it would only be 8 episodes long *rolls eyes*

As you can probably tell, I have nothing valuable to contribute. All the plans for the day were rescheduled and instead I spent most of the afternoon getting better acquainted with the Wii Fit again. Tomorrow, library. It seems to be the only place I am largely productive. We do what we must.

Had the most bizarre dream last night in which Larry from Numb3rs was proving a theory that I was much too busy with research to do homework. The professors he was pitching to were unimpressed and insisted I do said homework. But hey, at least Larry was on my side!

Music: Something - The Beatles
Mood: Faintly annoyed
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. If they had YouTube awards it would have to start with "Best video kitten"...

    I love Being Human, how amazing is it when they finally reveal who killed Annie and then she gets MAD!

    ReplyDelete