Sunday, September 20, 2009

This was a therapeutic chain of events

Reading the paper this morning, the retro section informed me that on 18 September 1988, the song sitting comfortably in third position on the national charts was 'Doctorin' the tardis' by The Timelords. Understandably, I found this utterly hilarious.

I'd like to do something which I thought of when I first heard Green Day's '21 guns' but never got around to. Observe. Lyrics to said song:
Your faith walks on broken glass
And the hangover doesn't pass
Nothing's ever built to last
You're in ruins

Some of you may remember:
Photobucket

I see what you did there Billie! [Side note, can I just point out how utterly gorgeous he looks in the '21 Guns' video? Sigh.]

Life's been fairly uneventful and sadly unproductive. It's a worry but I am struggling to maintain any real care factor. It's been a serious problem of mine since July. But in the words of Panic! At The Disco, it sure as hell ain't normal but we deal. Friday I went to the fair trading commission with mum since dad's overseas. That was way more entertaining than I would ever have expected. They usher into a seminar room with everyone else scheduled during that time, and then there is an "airing of grievances" as the cases are presented. The case that was on first was a cross between Jerry Springer and Judge Judy and I was riveted by the spectacle. The judge/registrar/commissioner/whatever-dude-in-charge was so witty and inadvertently amusing, I felt like cheering for him. I could happily have stayed there for quite some time just observing the train wrecks. However, we were wasting our time since the dude challenging us never showed up so the case was dismissed. It's frustrating, no matter how enjoyable I may have found the outing, I still have better things to do with my time you know. Bah. Hopefully it's the end of that whole debacle though.

Last night I ventured out with Roze and friends to see Wicked. It was quite impressive. My inner musical theatre geek was totally into it and it was nice to go out and be social somewhere that wasn't the library. It was just overall a really lovely, enjoyable night.

Mum and I took Oreo to the beach today, a well timed bout of relaxation just before epic storm clouds rolled in. I have sort of wasted the day sleeping though. I need more time! No, actually, I need my uni work to do itself. That would certainly solve a lot of problems.

Music: Camisado - Panic! At The Disco
Mood: Lazy
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment