Monday, September 14, 2009

Stuck in reverse

Tears stream down your face,
When you lose something you cannot replace

Yes, I am quoting Coldplay, so you know I've reached a dire point in my evening.

So busy today at work today and yet so bored that counting staples would have seemed like quality entertainment. I didn't even have any external entertainment. Instead there was an abundance of VMA tweets to keep me occupied and they were not particularly interesting. Yes, Kanye's a dick, tell me something I didn't know. With his ego, I'm amazed there's room on this planet for the rest of humanity. Still, I really couldn't care less about the VMAs. Awards shows are only entertaining if Hugh Jackman is singing in them, there are proper dresses, and I have company, preferably in the form of Em. The only music award show I've ever enjoyed was by watching it with her via sms. Much like the only time I've ever watched Seventh Heaven was when they had a marathon on during my school holidays and Roze and I watched it, calling each other in the ad breaks to discuss it. It doesn't sound like much, but hey we were like 15, it was fun. Mad but fun.

Meanwhile, in the real world, I've put the entire family on diet and I've being militant about it. I never used to worry about it, but it would appear as I get older I no longer have the metabolism of a ravenous locust and so I really shouldn't continue eating like one. I will not tolerate this kind of crap and since it can't hurt anyone, I've made it a household thing. Even Oreo is included. The sane rational part of my brain sits back and watches the spectacle with disapproving tuts. You should see me, going into suspicious Nazi mode when I find my dad with one hand in the pantry like some sort of Pink Panther-esque jewel thief. But dammit, it's for the greater good. Besides I'm tired of feeling like the blob, damnable winter. Say what you want about me, but when I commit to something, I don't do it halfway.

My meeting with Mandy has been moved to next week, so have to finish the re-write by at least Friday. Get that all sent off and start on my research. I'm still going to the movies with Em and Roze tomorrow. Followed by more movies Wednesday, and possibly Thursday. I don't know when exactly Honours research became synonymous with cinema, but hey, whatever. Oh and on Saturday there's Wicked.

Speaking of honours, got an invite today to join some or other Honours society. I think I might since they offer scholarships which would be a definite plus if I wish to study overseas. I'm so antsy about all this Masters stuff. Will I get in, do I have to pay, does the government pay, do I really need a portfolio, blah blah shut up already and just let me study.

Finally, I am so broke it's not even faintly amusing. Wonder if I could sell a kidney on the black market...

Music: Fix you - Coldplay
Mood: Teeny tiny bit emo
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment