Monday, September 21, 2009

Weathervanes my one and lonely

You know, I would love to get a Blackberry for my next phone, but I really don't seem to have any other choice but to persevere with the Sidekicks. I get a $30 plan from Telstra that inludes unlimited web browsing, email, msn/yahoo messenger, sms and mms. So pretty much I just pay for my calls and since the only person I really ever ring is my mum, who is my nominated Telstra number and thus the first three minutes are free, I virtually pay nothing extra above phone repayment. This is the only really decent "internet" plan available in this country. Most of the others want to charge me $2.05 per MB. Per megabyte. Now I just had a look at my last bill and I rack up about 60GB on Jasper in a billing period. That's my problem with cap plans as well, my internet and sms use is just too high to justify something like that. I am an extremely unbalanced user. I mean, I could probably tone it down, but I don't really want to. I like Jasper being connected all the time. And sure the Sidekick3 leaves a lot to be desired - the lack of applications being the most grating at the moment - but it's served me well these past few years...ignoring the part where it fell apart and became Terminator phone. Not strictly Jasper's fault. I'm just annoyed that they're no longer Sharp handsets, but Motorola. Motorola and I do not have a good working relationship. It's also a slide screen and no longer the flip one I'm so fond of. But c'est la vie, what can one do.

On that French note, I'm considering starting a French class next month. It goes for 6 weeks and is quite affordable in the greater scheme of things. It also sounds like a lot of fun. Thing is, I don't know if I can really justify extra-caricular activities during Thesis Time. Bah.

Speaking of, bunch of internships I need to apply for, including a production assistant that includes a two week stint in Japan. It may be unpaid, but duuuudes, travel! That would be very cool. Doubt I'd get it, but no harm in applying.

For the first time ever I have actually reached my Wii Fit goal, and two weeks before the date I'd set myself. This prompted the Wii Fit to ask after my health, stating it was worried my quick progress is hazardous. It's so cute! Haha. I'm actually very impressed with myself. Yet again goes to prove that I am a mad woman when I put my mind to something. Onwards!

Tomorrow I must meet my supervisor somewhere in Kings Cross which I fail at navigating, so I should probably look that up. It will be followed by movies with the girls - Inglourious Basterds, finally.

I'm not going to lie, today was a very trying exhausting passage of time, greater majority of which I struggled to remain on my chair and felt quite ill. But, I still made a list of things I love, so:
I love the humid mornings
I love my friends
I love my parents being independent and the break this gives us all
I love connecting with people over the most random things
I love how Abbi and I can't write anything without name-dropping Spacemonkey in some way
I love the promise of summer

Music: Northern downpour - Panic at the Disco
Mood: Sick
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Some things:

    - That's an extortionate amount for data. I've got unlimited... that's the only way it's manageable
    - Jeanette, you do not have time for a French class. If you sign up you're just going to have more homework to panic about it. Please do it post-thesis
    - You can't go to Japan without me, I forbid it (not really but don't cos I'll hate you... ok also not really but I'll be more jealous than Martha of Rose)
    - I like all my little universes to be connected plus I can't waste all those awesome band names we've come up with

    ReplyDelete