Friday, September 11, 2009

I don't break hearts, I just dent them

Heeded the call from Edge of Your Bed.

My first crush was actually the older brother of a friend. He had messy black hair and green eyes. Though he went to a different school, he was sort of notorious around the neighbourhood and other boys had a habit of trying to impress him. I just remember thinking he was just the coolest guy. Quintessential leather jacket wearing bad boy really, always in trouble and leaning against walls smoking. His best friend's nickname derived from the time he drank an obscene amount of whiskey and showed up to school completely wasted. Yes, they were all class. I was actually closer to his younger brother but eventually we all hung out every now and then. I was the youngest and the only girl. Despite that fact, I was still the one who ended up buying most of their cigarettes since I never got carded and I certainly never got in trouble. We used to sit in one car in the parking lot with all the doors open listening to music. I have no idea where any of them are now.

My first boyfriend doesn't even really count since I was, what, 8? I don't know. He pursued me with an insane amount of determination and continued to do so long after I "broke up" with him. He wrote me letter and bought me chocolates and eeeverything. He found me on Facebook the other day so we still chat. If you want a serious answer, I can't give you one. I had two other boyfriends, both before 16. There were potentials since but I wasn't particularly interested. In recent memory there's only been one guy I've been willing to let my guard down for but that's neither here nor there. I am just not predisposed to this relationship business. This probably means I've missed out on a key aspect of life or growing up or whatever, but I can't say it's ever really bothered me and it's not really an absence I notice.

Music: Use Somebody - Paramore [cover]
Mood: Procrastinating
Photobucket

1 comment: