Saturday, August 15, 2009

Always where I need to be

"[In the loop is] a very episodic film, that feels like a stretched version of a TV show." Hmm. That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that it IS based on a tv show, would it? Honestly, don't writers do research anymore? It's not even hard, a quick imdb would have done it. It drives me mad when they miss blatantly obvious things like that.

Also, the following popped up in my google reader [from here, context = Montreal Worldcon]:
Anyhow, Saturday morning found me on what I thought was going to be another of those 'is this the five minute argument?' panels. This one asked the question, to quote from the programme booklet: 'How are current SF movies and TV shows reinforcing out of date attitudes and prejudices?' Not are they, but how are they. That urge for consensus again that's created dire religious yearnings like The Singularity. Or so I thought when going in. As it turned out, it was a bunch of cool people having a rather nice chat about the issues. You never can tell. And I just got to say 'Torchwood' like it was a get out of jail free card...

Yeah, it used to be like that. I was about to say 'oh the good old days' but on top of my scoffing at school children, I just end up sounding like a grumpy old woman. I'm so old! *throws self melodramatically on couch* Three words - jaded, indie, kid. The plot was lost somewhere along the way. Oh well.

I should stop sitting around muttering under my breath. World bar tonight, teapots of long island ice teas lie in my future. Something tells me this won't end...respectably.

Music: Always where I need to be - The Kooks
Mood: Lazy
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment