Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lend to my ear a clear and a deafening sound

I return to the land of blogging after another major argument with my father. Over nothing, as per usual. I'm so tired of him just bossing me around and not listening to what I'm saying. He's just always so sure his viewpoint is the right, and only, one there is. I am tired; I am stressed; I have worked two days of back to back double shifts; I have yet to make progress on my piece so 4,000 words to be written; I have prior engagements that cannot be put off; I don't know whether I should be packing or unpacking and I just want my some consistent normality; and it seems thousands of razorblades have taken up residence in my throat. I'm not exactly in the best frame of mind to just let things go. Petulance, your name is Jen.

I'm verging on the stage where everything descends into a borderline blind panic. I haven't had that since I had to do three-unit math exams. Can't say I've missed it. But what can you do, trudge along.

Meant to mention this earlier but got sidetracked. I was trying to decide whether I should take Martha or Jack to Penrith last Friday and mum insisted I take Martha because, and I quote, "Jack is reckless, Jack gets people killed!" There was a moment where I just looked at her and we both promptly dissolved into giggles. I love that this has managed to translate into my relationship with my parents, my mother in particular. She's really taken to it. It makes a nice change.

On the moving front, will someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery? Don't know if we are moving anymore since apparantly the bank/owner have reached an "agreement". Ahuh yeah, and how long will this last? I don't actually want to move, but I don't want to go through this every three months either. If he can't keep up with his mortgage this will just keep repeating. Our lease is only for a year, of which there is nine months left, I dont' exactly want to be living out of boxes for that time. Goddamnit. The poor estate agent is having a nervous breakdown, she has her obligations to this owner and to the one of the Forks house we were supposed to be moving to. I'm just so over it. I'll live in a tent in the backyard if it means people will just leave me alone.

I really need to focus on my Honours, I only have like 76 days left or something. I don't want to deal with all this crap!

General state of study environment before:
Photobucket

What has become of everything after:
Photobucket

This is not conducive to a happy working relationship. The fact that Jasper's quality is consideriably crappier than my camera is further proof of the deterioration of this state of affairs.

Sigh.

Oh, while I was packing I found some soap bubbles...
Photobucket

Oreo, believe it or not, was scared of them. She's a great guard dog *rolls eyes*
Photobucket

Random observation, I am so underwhelmed by the new Kisschasy single, Generation Why. It just...I don't know, it lacks energy I suppose. That spark that made me love them so much that I never missed a show. I'm also not really all that impressed with the new Cobra Starship album.

Anyway. I need to get some flu meds in me, followed by a good night's sleep. Tomorrow I have a free screening of District 9 to attend.

Music: Ramalama - Roisin Murphy
Mood: Sick
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment