Saturday, August 22, 2009

There I go again

Random tangents of note -

First things first, DANIEL! Aaaaaah! Epic. Glee. I'm oh so very glad he's playing again, I've missed him so much this last season it defies description. Don't ever go play overseas again, and in the name of all that is good and holy, try not to get injured for a while hmmmk? My mum was laughing at my glee all night. I can't help myself, it's been so long since I've seen him play, it's all been stored up, just waiting for this moment. Although I wish the All Blacks didn't suck as much as they do this year. Honestly, what's going on? Then again, maybe if we do badly leading up to the World Cup for a change, we might actually do well during it? This kind of ass-backward reasoning usually features in sport, so it's possible.

Since I'm talking about sport, Stuart Broad FTW. Way to shut them up over here, dude. It so doesn't hurt that I think he's painfully adorable. Win/win.

My neighbour is having a party. He's about 18 or so and I always seem him skulking about the neighbourhood in his Misfits and old school punk t-shirts. The music is on full blast and it kind of makes me want to pop round and join in.

I've agreed to do NaNaWriMo which I will no doubt regret considering my thesis is due the 7th of November and there's no way I'll start any work on it before then, but pushing yourself is half the fun. Besides my writing tutors have always gone on about the benefits of just writing, regardless of quality, so this might be a good exercise in letting that go and just getting ideas on paper. Refinement and insecurities can wait until later. It'll no doubt be an interesting experience regardless.

I'm so glad there is finally a Fall Out Boy video in which Patrick gets most of the screen time (and plays a piano, which never hurts things) and in which Pete doesn't make out with someone. It's kind of heartwarming in a strange way.

In that vein, I was going through some pics and found this one -
Photobucket
I forgot how it used to be. It won't be the same with them apart. Sigh. What happened boys?

Ooookay. Don't cha by the Pussycat Dolls just started playing which makes me rethink what I said earlier about joining the party next door. I am concerned where we went wrong here...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Music: Whatever my neighbour deems fit, currently Mamma Mia
Mood: Sleepy
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Aaaww that's when Brendon got knocked out by a bottle. That really does remind me that Panic may never evoke the same emotions within me again. And neither will the band that Ryan and Jon formed *epic long sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. When it was good, it was amazing. It's strange to be nostalgic for something that happened such a short time ago, to people younger than me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video has a terrible aura of "swan song" about it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well they are taking "a very long break" after this tour...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh that Sagan quote made me feel quite weird for a very long time :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very much like that. I found myself dwelling on it later so I thought it deserved posting.

    ReplyDelete