Monday, August 3, 2009

Looking for faces in the clouds

Did it all get real, I guess it's real enough
They got refrigerators full of blood
Another century spent pointing guns
At anything that moves
Sometimes I worry that I've lost the plot
My twitching muscles tease my flippant thoughts
I never really dreamed of heaven much
Until we put him in the ground

But it's all I'm doing now
Listening for patterns in the sound
Of an endless static sea
But once the satellite's deceased
It blows like garbage through the streets
Of the night sky to infinity

But don't you weep
Don't you weep
There is nothing as lucky
Honey, don't you weep
Don't you weep
There is nothing as lucky, as easy, or free


This song has been on an endless loop in my mind since the 10th of July. It's provided a strange, unexpected comfort the past month.

Music: Easy, lucky, free - Bright Eyes
Mood: Hmm
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS SONG AND THE VIDEO CLIP! And Bright Eyes in general <3

    ReplyDelete