Monday, August 3, 2009

I won't let them take you

I've gotten into the habit of calling Oreo schnuk (as in short for schnukel), for some unknown reason. I call her so many random things sometimes I'm amazed she still knows her name.

Anyway, no actual news to speak of really. I will now ramble pointlessly about television.

I've been watching True Blood on the behest of Judith, and I must say it's not bad. The accent completely threw me for a loop at the start but it makes it kind of endearing. The way Bill talks cracks me up though. It's got a very odd vibe, in a way it almost reminds me of Twin Peaks. "Don't say uh-oh, vampires don't say uh-oh!" It also has all the intesity I thought was missing from the Twilight movie. While I never doubted Edward and Bella in the books, in the movie it's the most ridiculous thing. This may be because of Cedric having the personality of a door nail, but I wouldn't want to speculate *shifty eyes*

I'm catching up on Being Human too which I confess is not as good as I'd anticipated but at least Mitchell more than compensates for this fact. It does have it's moments though, and I did enjoy the episode I watched today. Mind you, what is it with vampires being called Eric? Also who decided vampires should be completely sexed up? Maybe I'm weird but if I was creating a creature from folklore, I would not necessarily have gone "Ok now it drinks blood...and so it definitely has a lot of sex, yes that sounds about right." Might just be me though, I don't know.

I'm trying to catch up on all the shows I've missed - I still have to finish Life, which is a brilliant show that I absolutely adored, and Burn Notice. I also never quite got around to seeing the end of Veronica Mars. I'm behind on Numb3rs and NCIS - mostly because I never actually watch TV and so have to either wait for re-runs, the internet, or DVDs (and if I buy DVDs they have to be sequential and I have to have all of them, and it just leads to trouble.) Castle and Big Bang Theory are two others I need to get caught up on. Oh and 30 Rock which I've just recently started watching and quite enjoyed - took to it straight away which is more than I can say for Arrested Development. I also really want to get into Brothers & Sisters. Others I am currently eyeing include How I met your mother and Dead Like Me. Not to mention Buffy which I'm watching at Roze's continued subtle urging.

Trying to fit all this in with my reading, and all the movies I watch, is near impossible. It would probably be best just to set a weekend aside and get one show out of the way, otherwise it just seems to drag on forever. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of time on my hands and just squeeze them in randomly wherever I can - usually after midnight when sleep is being elusive. TV shows are great cause it's just an hour so it's a good time to make me sleepy, I don't really have to pay attention and if I do fall asleep during it, it's no big deal.

On that note, I can't believe it's August already. I have to implement some sort of plan to get my honours work done. I need a draft by the weekend or I'm royally screwed. So I'm thinking I'll start a routine tomorrow after work, get some writing done and some exercising too. Wednesday I'm out with Lizzie, but Thursday I'm at the state library with Roze. I'm sure I can get it done by Friday if I just focus. Then I can start doing proper research - first things first, reading Wolfgang Iser's work on reader response theory. We can go from there. August is meant to be my research month, then September I'm drafting the exegesis and re-writing the creative thesis. Hopefully I can stick with this. No, I resolve to stick with it. I've been wasting enough time doing nothing.

Plus I have to move again this month, better make the most of the time I have. Blah.

Music: True Blood ep 6
Mood: Underwhelmed
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment