Friday, August 14, 2009

Never mention the dreams I keep from you

153 unread items *groans*

The first line-up announcement for Soundwave went out today:

Photobucket

I’m never keen to go but every year they release a line-up that I can’t resist. There's no way I can turn down MCR, TBS, AFI and HIM (and there’s always a chance Brand New might come out.) Now I just have to decide whether I should shell out $150 for the festival or just wait and pray the bands I want to see do sideshows, and go to that instead. Sigh. Music is hell on the finances.

I don’t get why some people say the 456 are such scary aliens. I don’t think they’re that scary. I mean I found them utterly disgusting and creepy, but not really terror-inducing (why hello there, Weeping Angels). They’re confined to a box and have a mucus problem. Excuse me if I’m not exactly cowering in fear at this. The whole not breathing oxygen thing also makes me feel I may have the upper-hand here. That in itself raises so many other questions, for example why did they build the special cage thing for them in the first place? I mean honestly, why are the government so scared of these damn aliens? This is, after all, the same government who had a nuclear plan B to blow up the planet rather than submit to aliens, the same government who blew up the Sycorax when they were actually retreating (and whatever happened to that giant laser anyway?) But to the aliens with a regurgitation problem they say ‘oh by all means, how may we serve you?’ Um ok…what? Ugh.

I still can’t watch that thing, I look at the dvd and it kind of makes me feel sick. I’ve had it for over three weeks now and it’s still in its packaging, untouched. It’s sad, I know, but I can’t help it.

Vaguely related, I didn’t know Steven Moffat helped to write the script for the first Adventures of Tintin film for Spielberg. I’m not sure how I feel about a Tintin movie. I didn’t mind the comics, but I could never stand the television show. It’s got Jamie Bell in it though, oh and Simon Pegg, Andy Serkis and Daniel Craig. Only due out next December…that’s ages away! Hello, over-eager reporting.

Productive day in the library yesterday - from 9 until after 3. I became quite friendly with the girls sharing my table, they were studying for their Modern History exam and I couldn't resist commenting when the moaning about sources and WWI began. I was absolutely starving by the time I got home though, it was far too much effort to find a place to eat when I left the library and my leg was so not co-operating with walking. Overall though, I’m almost done with the narrative part of my creative piece. I just need about 1,000 more words to cover the last two elements. I can then do the random interruptions, discussions, blogs and tweets that go in between segments, and then the first draft is done. I’m not happy with it. At all. I am having the worst time trying to write it. I’ve never had this much difficulty writing. Usually once I start it just goes, but this is like getting blood out of a stone. I think I may just have mentally blocked myself with all my apathy and procrastination. Hopefully it’ll all come together once I’ve gotten some concrit back on the first draft.

Tonight, Martha and I are heading out to Penrith to say bon voyage to Lizzie. She’s off on her much-planned adventure around the UK and Canada, and I won’t see her again until November. I have to make the hour drive back tonight which I’m not particularly looking forward to, especially since Martha is still new and I can’t exactly go tearing down the highway. Oh noes, self-restraint! At least I can hook Beckettoo up, unlimited musical choice FTW.

P.S. I hate the cover of the new Cobra Starship album.

Music: The scene is dead (long live the scene) - Cobra Starship
Mood: Rushed
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You HAVE to go to Soundwave! In fact I'm now wondering if that would be a good time for a little visit... although considering that I will have been back from SA for less than a month, I might not be able to make it happen. Bah!

    And yes that cover is disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite the fantastic line-up. And there's more still to come!

    It's a shame about the cover, I was so in love with the last one.

    ReplyDelete