Saturday, August 1, 2009

If there's a chance I'll take it

I love it when people justify the way a character is acting, whether on tv or in a movie, by saying "yeah but that's not the character's fault, it's just the way that he's been written." It sort of implies that these characters just stand around and are forced to do things that go against their nature simply because the writer has decreed it so. I can see a little character standing there arguing with the writer, "But I wouldn't do this!" and the writer would respond, "Look here, you do what I tell you to do, that's your job." It's such beautifully convoluted reasoning. I suppose that is kind of what happens in Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next reality though. But anyway.

There's an equation
You plus me equals death
To the science
At those who dare to forget
There was a time
Before girls knew they weren't pretty yet
There was a time
Before boys knew they weren't tough enough

You're the 8th wonder of the world
So don't abuse it
You're just another beating drum
A rhythm for generations to come
You're the 8th wonder of the world
Undisputed
Not just another bleeding heart
But a masterpiece a work of art


Edit 10:48pm : I miss my fandom. I both rue and lament having nothing new to add to it. It's just...sad. So yeah, I miss my fandom and I miss my OTP and no amount of other television show watching can distract me from the gaping hole left in my viewing routine. Yes, I'm sulking.

Music: 8th Wonder - The Gossip
Mood: Tired
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Phew! Grabbed the playlist just before it disappeared! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually changed uploading sites so they should stay up for more than a week now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to say thank-you for introducing me to so much good music recently!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so welcome, really. I'm glad someone's getting something out of it at least!

    ReplyDelete