Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm hiding out in the big city blinking

Just got back from Roze's, so full now! She had a delicious Tiramisu cake. Om nom nom. It was quite a nice relaxing evening, just chatting and being idiots over dinner. I'm quite content to curl up in a warm bed and sleep now. Hmmm sleep.

Tomorrow consists of work in the morning and significant thesis work afterwards. Significant dammit!

Random thoughts I had today -

I'm going to be so busy next week. I've got Avenue Q with the girls, hanging out with Lizzie on Wednesday, another possible study date/break with Roze, Lizzie's farewell on Friday, and then Annie's birthday party on Saturday night. Plus there's another play/cabaret/thing we want to go to, but it closes on the 22nd so we'd have to fit it in before then and inbetween the two gigs I have lined up, plus thesis work, plus various movie dates. Wait...I think...I think I have a social life. Shocking.

I got stupidly excited earlier about The View being on the Falls Festival line up , then I remembered the festival happened in Victoria. Fail. I could probably trek down there with friends, but it seems like so much effort. Would be a great NYE though. Still, hope they do sideshows. Can't come all the way out here just for one show. That'd be mad. While we're on the subject of festivals and line-ups, You Me At Six have been confirmed for next year's Soundwave. I'm fairly meh about the whole thing so far, although Spinnerette, Billy Talent, and Alexisonfire are rumoured to be on the bill as well. There's the whole cost thing too, it was just too expensive this year and if anything, it'll probably have gone up. Ah well, don't really like festivals anyway, I always hold out hope for the sideshows.

Pegged pants are making a come-back? Oh god, please tell me they’re joking. I’m tired of these stupid cyclical fashion trends. I went shopping the other day and there was just boho stuff everywhere, didn’t we do that like two years ago? Can’t we space it out a bit more at least? Blah. Shopping has been very unfulfilling lately.

I follow this completely rambling movie blog through google reader that just updates way too much, but often they amuse me, so I stick with it. Today I was greeted with the tag “Guy Ritchie admits ‘Sherlock Holmes’ is totally gay?” and it goes on to talk about the supposed undertones in the upcoming Holmes movie (which I've been quite keen to see, the first preview made it seem like one of those movies I will adore regardless of how atrocious it is.) I can’t say I’m very surprised by this revelation, there’s always been that kind of undertone to Ritchie’s work. It’s part of the reason I loved Rock’n’Rolla as much as I did cause I so did not see that coming and Lizzie and I were in hysterics for the duration. So I say bring it on. I can’t believe that sort of thing still has the ability to aggravate the studio or turn audiences away. Seriously? C’mon people, live a little! Actual post be here.

One of the guys at mum’s work has gotten into Torchwood, he’s just about halfway through season 1. I’m watching his progress with some bemusement since he’s one of those real blokey bloke metalhead types. I have gotten half that office making Whoniverse jokes, I’m so proud of myself. Dad’s colleagues are coming along nicely as well. It’s the power of my keychain, you see. Whenever that’s lying about, they all regress to the age of 6.

We hopefully have a house to move into. We’re just waiting for the paperwork to come through. Yet again, I haven’t seen it since the open house I went to fell through. It’s just a suburb over from where we live now, so the move shouldn’t be an epic quest. That’s something at least. I’ve seen the outside of the place and considering it’s surrounding area, it look like I’m moving to Forks (seriously, look at all the trees.) It’s a bit smaller than the place currently in, so we’ll see how we go. I do not look forward to dragging my stuff up the stairs. I have my doubts whether my bed will make it to be honest. It barely survived the move here…but whatever. No point speculating about these things.

This is amazing 3D art.

These drawings are quite cute as well. Random, but cute.

I am freezing. Ugh. Blankets. Now.

P.S. Currently completely in love with this song -

Let's forget about the tongue-tied lightning
Let's undress just like cross-eyed strangers
This is not a joke, so please stop smiling
What was I thinking when I said it didn't hurt?

I want to glide through those brown eyes dreaming
Take it from the inside, baby hold on tight
You were so right when you said that I've been drinking
What was I thinking when I said good night?

I want to hold you in the Bible-black predawn
You're quite a quiet domino, bury me now
Take off your Band-Aid because I don't believe in touchdowns
What was I thinking when I said hello?

I'd always thought that if I held you tightly
You'd always love me like you did back then
Then I fell asleep and the city kept blinking
What was I thinking when I let you back in?

Music: I am trying to break your heart - Wilco
Mood: Cold, but overall content
Photobucket

2 comments: