Sunday, August 9, 2009

I touch the place where I'd find your face

"Time may be relevant but nothing lasts forever. Everything falls apart in the end, a soft unraveling of the very fabric of existence. It doesn't matter if it's a single-cell amoeba, a city, or a civilization - everything has its time. Everything dies, and suffering...suffering is part of the human condition."

I'm trying to harness the dark mood that's been hanging around for the past month for my creative piece. The numb complacency which has developed as a result wasn't proving useful so I purposefully watched something that sent my emotions into a free-fall. Paired with this Snow Patrol song that for some inexplicable reason just jangles the right nerves, I now feel sufficiently fragile to write. However, I am definitely questioning the standard of said writing. God forbid creativity ever seems rational.

Little Miss Sunshine was on tonight and I made the parentals watch it. Such a good movie. Have had far too much sugar this weekend - peppermint crisp tart FTW. Wish I could have been more productive though. Really need to get this first draft sent off and start packing up my stuff. We should be able to move in next Monday. Gah. So over all this crap.

Photo essay of the arduous moving process to follow...

Your words in my memory are like music to me

Music: Set fire to the third bar - Snow Patrol
Mood: Frustrated
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment