Sunday, April 19, 2009

Because I'm really famous

What day is it? What year is it? Did I really only get up nine hours ago? I have no idea whether I'm coming or going anymore. In a good way of course.

As the last blog suggested, Thursday we graced the Bondi Explorer with our presence. Initially we had this very enthusiastic tour guide named Glen. He seemed too chirpy at first but soon you couldn't help but appreciate his effort as he pointed out random dogs along the way, suggested he may have taken a wrong turn, and told us about a wedding he attended. Thanks Glen, you made it an unique experience. We left this personalised tour when we disembarked to spend some time strolling along Bondi beach. I have to point out that our lunch here had more cheese on it than anything else, it was quite disconcerting. I felt like I had stepped into a Clavin & Hobbes cartoon and the cheese would soon turn and devour me. You never know.

After we rejoined the Explorer tour, we headed down George street to this fabulous cupcake place in order to celebrate Mat Devine's 35th Birthday. The cupcakes really were fabulous, in fact we're going back tomorrow. I still think Mat may have preferred if we celebrated with absinthe but cupcakes are surely the next best thing. Right? Right. An amble down Oxford street followed where an American Apparel was discovered (I didn't even know we had them here) and money was spent on skinny red jeans. I just can't resist! Bah. The Palace Academy was showing Let The Right One In so in we went. I had heard some fantastic things about this film but I think it was possibly just a little over my head. I don't really know how to described it...quite strange? I'm glad I saw it though since I know they're making a Hollywood version and it'd be interesting to see what they do to make it more commercial - you know they will. It was just very bizarre. I think it was too avant garde for me, sadly.

I have no idea what we did Friday. Not much clearly. I think we chillaxed. Watched Skins! Yes, that's what we did. I made lunch. This seems about right. We went to see The Alchemist at the Opera House in the evening (you have to see a show at the Opera House after all, I mean it's the city's trademark.) It was...disappointing. I've seen so many great shows at the Playhouse that it really felt a bit flat. It also caught me a bit off gaurd as I wasn't prepared for the mix of Shakespearean language and the modern approach. I also felt like nodding off for a while near the start which obviously wasn't a good thing. That said, there were some funny parts. The ice cream afterwards seemed a lot nicer somehow tho. Yum.

Yesterday we headed to the Blue Mountains. My dad had been particuarly keen to take Abbi since he found out she was coming, so we obliged. Besides, it meant I could sleep in the car too. We visited Scenic World at Katoomba and took that stupid vertical train down the mountain which always makes me feel like death is imminent. Survived, obviously. We did the entire rain forest walk. It was quite good really. We also stopped at Echo Point before having a late lunch. Parents then saw it fit to drive in the complete opposite direction and we ended up at Stanwell Tops. As always the wind was obscene. What it is with that place? It's like a damned wind funnel. Anyway, slept most of the way home.

Slept most of the morning too. But hey, it's holiday, I'm entitled! We headed to Leichhardt for lunch and a punk squat show. It was a totally new experience for me, something completely different to do. It made for an interesting afternoon.

I'm happily relaxing on the couch now, watching Rove, as my ass slowly regains feeling. I know, I know, wonderful picture. I'll leave you with it *hee*

Music: Rove
Mood: Content
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment