Friday, April 24, 2009

Restitch my ripped jeans

So, I dropped Abbi at the airport this morning. I feel appropriately deflated, even getting my hair done didn't really cheer me up. I can't really explain the way our relationship works to anyone, it just is what it is...besides I had to watch Gossip Girl all by myself! It's just not fair.

Yet again I vote for the advancement of teleportation. Honestly people, shake a leg.

What has transpired over the last twenty four hours? A bit of a drive out to La Perouse for lunch, followed by a prolonged spot of being stuck in traffic. Bearable thanks to loudly singing along to From Under The Cork Tree. Stopped by an open house that looked like the Rift had chewed it up and spit it out again, only after having snatched it from a decaying Life on Mars set. Not much fun. Dinner with parents at the Lowenbrau as planned, which was pleasant. Topped off with Baskins & Robbins. I think my sweet tooth has made it seem like Sydney is a city built on confectionery...but hey, when the opportunity presents itself, why deny it? Hm. That attitude will no doubt get me into trouble.

The parentals have seen a couple of other houses today, one they're quite keen on. I'm now being dragged out to another one. Joy.

OH FUCKING FINALLY
Barring any last minute delays, Torchwood: Children of Earth launches here in the UK on BBC One on June 15 and runs through that week, ending June 19th.
No telling when it'd air here, but it's a start. Who knows, my sanity might make it after all! No...wait. It's just speculation. But sound speculation. I'm willing to cling to it....cling to it!

On a completely different note, I think it's about time we started saying what we actually mean. I've always been a pretty straight forward person but today I was wondering how often we end up doing stuff we actually don't want to simply because we think someone else might appreciate it, when in fact that person really would rather not have done it either but thought you were into it and so didn't say anything? If you can understand that convulated reasoning. I mean it's fine dragging yourself off to do something when you know the other person really wants to, and sometimes you even end up having a great time, but if there really is no driving force on either side, perhaps its better to just say so and leave it at that as opposed to going through with it and everyone having a mediocre time.

Just saying.

I'm selfish as selfish comes, you're giving me a run for my money, honey.

I have done something to my hand, it's all swollen around the thumb and getting worse. Sigh.

Ugh. I've had to erase and sync Beckettoo and it's going to take foreverrrrr. I've downloaded Peggle for him...

It's quite cold atm in a number of ways.

Music: Teasing to please - Cute Is What We Aim For
Mood: Bored
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I miss you toooooooo! And I agree... it just is!

    ReplyDelete