Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Creation is continuous"..."because time is not"

I am never going to finish this Bordieu reading before class. I read a page, blink, move on to the next one, and I'd already forgotten what I had read so far. It's completely over my head. I hate it when a reading is filled with sentences such as :
"structured structures are predisposed to functioning as structured structures."
You can't explain something using the same words! I mean come on, give me a break here. I also hate it when they use the same word like twenty times in a paragraph. Epic fail.

I do however like this:
"It is because the imaginary offers the mind no resistance that the mind, concious of no restraint, gives itself up to boundless ambitions and believes it possible to construct, or rather reconstruct, the world by virtue of its own strength and at the whim of its desires"

In other news, I'm going through severe Torchwood withdrawal which nothing seems to be able to placate. Make with series 3 already! Come on. Fangirls are turning rabid, I'm getting antsy, this is surely a form of cruel and inhuman punishment. I'm tired of putting up with spoiler warnings and infighting and everything just so I can get some vague hit of interaction. The bloody whoniverse is like crack. Ugh. I want my questionable tv, give me my questionable tv!

Woe.

"Mother shoots son dead on family outing" That headline sounds like something that would happen on one of our (extended) family outings. Well, if you ignore the fact that this was one of those crazee things.

Meanwhile the house is a flurry of activity as we prepare for the arrival of the Queen Abbi. No crazy ass monks have put in an appearance (yet) so I'm guessing we're not going to be re-enacting 'Tooth and Claw' any time soon. Which is a shame, considering certain Doctors and their scottish accents. We have a telescope you know, Abs would just have to bring the giant diamond.

I should probably get up (yes I'm still in bed), get dressed, and go to woolies. And uni of course. Siiigh. There ain't no rest for the wicked (by the way, that Cage the Elephant song is quite addictive).

Music: Lucy in the sky with diamonds - The Beatles
Mood: Bored
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment