Sunday, April 12, 2009

Why can't we say what we're thinking of

Easter this year has been rather anti-climatic. I haven't eaten nearly as much chocolate as I usually do.

Abbi has introduced me to Peggle. Because yes, I really needed something else to distract me from uni work.

Oh holy hell, uni work. Ugh.

Anywho. Last night we went to witness the spectacle that was MSI at the Roundhouse. I have to say I much prefer driving to the place and shall be doing that in future. The train/bus combo usually kills me, despite the potential for hot chocolate purchasing (yeah, I'm so rock&roll...I've never pretended any different). It was a good show overall, crowd was very eclectic. The first opening act were bloody awful though, I have no idea who booked them but it was a mistake - half the time it sounded like they were singing about bears. Very strange. The Red Paintings were the second opening and what a spectacle, it was Placebo meets Bjork meets The Flaming Lips. I've heard whispers of them before, now I can understand why. Very visually arresting. They did an amzing cover of 'Mad World' to end the set. MSI were amazing of course. Little Jimmy Urine is such a show man, you really can't help but have a good time. He has great energy and was being as insulting and politically incorrect as only he knows how. Abbi's way better at this gig reportage than I am, you can check out her blog about it here. She has visual supplements people! Visual supplements!

Nothing to report for today really, mostly relaxing and such, seeing as jet lag was still viable and everything was closed. Tomorrow it's off to the city for the first real day of tourist-y stuff. That's a technical term. Hitting Explorer busses for comfort and ease (no parking woes, no petrol woes, I loves it), possibly amble about Circular Quay/George st, which leaves the cupcake shop and Pancakes a viable option. Ok this is ridiculous, when did my life start revolving around food? Oh wait, no, I've always followed my sweet tooth. Never mind.

Oh, and there is something wrong with my router. Suffice it to say I am not amused.

I should really go to bed. I'm feeling a bit icky...and we were watching Master Chef earlier which just made me hungry. Tsk tsk.

Hope everyone had a lovely easter, enjoy the public holiday. Long weekends FTW.

Photobucket

Music: Voices - Saosin
Mood: Sleepy
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment